Office hours are: 8:15am - 4:30pm
Telephone: 8520 9000
Parents should always make contact with the General Office first when visiting the school or trying to make contact with their children.
Appointments with teachers must be made via telephone or email them directly.
Student absences should be reported to the school before 9:00am. Please email the Attendance Officer Courtney Mauger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone 8520 9050.
Late arrival / early departure to school
In order to minimise disruption to class and maximise learning opportunities for our students, we would like to remind you of the school policy regarding late arrival to school. Students are expected to be at school at 8:30am. A locker bell rings at 8:35am and class begins punctually at 8:50am. If your child is late for any reason, please notify the school prior to the event by phone 8520 9050, email email@example.com or by writing a note in the student's diary explaining the reason.
If no explanation has been received they will receive a lunchtime detention.
If your student needs to leave school early for any reason, please write a note in their diary explaining the reason. Teachers will not allow any student to leave their class unless there is authorisation.
Students are always required to sign in/out at the General Office upon late arrival or early departure.
We appreciate your support in this. If you have any questions please call Courtney on 8520 9050.
Our uniform supplier is Bob Stewart and further details are below:
- Location: 466 Centre Road Bentleigh
- Phone number: 9036 7384
- Trading hours: 8:30am - 5pm, Mon to Fri / 9:30am - 12:30pm, Sat
Bob Stewart - Uniform List 2023:
Elynwood Catering Services Pty Ltd is now running our Canteen.
Please note the following exciting changes:
- They will be open from 7:30am every school day serving great breakfast, snacks, hot and cold beverages, meals etc;
- Exciting new menu;
- Great value food options;
- Barista-made coffee, hot chocolate, chai, matcha tea and various beverages will be available throughout the school day;
- Lots of great good quality food options including healthy choices served every day;
- EFT facilities available;
- The Flexischools app will be fully launched and used from the start of term.
Ordering Lunches on Flexischools
- Download the Flexischools App;
- Login/Register - already a flexischools user (enter details and login), if new flexischools user (click 'register');
- Once your account is set up, add new student; search for McKinnon Secondary College, enter student details and select their class;
- Place your order;
- Make your selection;
- Make payment.
Please ensure all school clothes, books and personal property are clearly labelled with the student’s name. Many items are not returned to their rightful owners because they are not labelled correctly or clearly.
USBs should include a folder with the student’s name and form to assist in returning it to the correct person. If you have lost anything go to the Health Centre at Main Campus or go to the General Office at East Campus during recess, lunch or end of day.