YEAR 12 PRACTICE EXAMS
All Year 12 students will be undertaking practice exams during the second week of the holidays (Monday 26 - Thursday 29 September). These are a vital part of the preparation for the end of year exams. The timetable has been shared with students, and they must attend in full school uniform. S block will be available for Year 12s during these days.
The College uniform plays a crucial role in building school pride and a strong sense of community. Unfortunately, we have noticed that some students have not been wearing their uniform properly. We are asking for parents/carers to please help us with this issue by checking their child’s uniform regularly. In particular, please note the following key reminders:
- black leather lace-up school shoes - low heels, no buckles;
- black runners/sneakers are not acceptable.
- short sleeve school shirts with the square cut bottom can be left out; all other shirts must be tucked in, including when wearing an outer garment (i.e. jumper or blazer).
- Year 7 and 8 students can wear PE uniform (including the sport jacket) on days when they have PE/Sport;
- All other year levels can only wear PE uniform on days they have practical PE lessons.
- Hair styles must not be extreme and colours must be natural; long hair should be tied back;
- Jewellery should not be obvious or extreme; ear sleepers/studs must be small and unobtrusive;
- Cosmetics and make-up should not be obvious/excessive.
All families are reminded that Bob Stewart is our uniform provider - the current uniform list and contact details can be accessed here.
Until Melbourne Cup Day (Tuesday 1 November) students may wear either winter or summer uniform. From Wednesday 2 November all students must be in full summer uniform. For both summer and winter uniforms, the blazer is the required outer garment; in warm weather students may choose not to wear the blazer to/from school, however the College jumper must not be worn as the outer garment.
SECONDHAND TEXTS & UNIFORM
In recent years the College has been using an online service (Sustainable School Shop) to allow parents to buy and sell secondhand textbooks and uniform items. This provides greater flexibility for families; further information will be provided to parents later in Term 4.
YEAR 7 - 9 ELMS - ENTRANCE TESTS
All students and parents/carers should now have received information about the upcoming Entrance tests commencing Monday 17 October. Students are reminded that they are to enrol in the Stile subjects in order to sit the entrance tests. Enrolment details can be found in the Compass events.
Any questions should be directed to Peter Quinn - firstname.lastname@example.org