Swimming Carnival 2020
On Friday 14 February, St Norbert College held the annual Interhouse Swimming Carnival at HBF Stadium. The atmosphere was fantastic all day in testing conditions that wouldn’t stop the mascots from each House making known that they were there to support their House.
The annual Spirit Bear is awarded to the House that shows the best support, fills all events and is well organised. Congratulations to Kilnacrott House and Miss Abel for winning the Spirit Bear.
The House trophy was a tightly fought contest with a number of Houses looking to take it out throughout the day. Congratulations to Magdeburg House and Mr Ah Fong for winning the House trophy. The total scores are below:
- 1st - Magdeburg – 5151
- 2nd - Xanten – 4998
- 3rd - Kilnacrott – 4963
- 4th - Prémontré – 4813
- 5th - Tongerlo – 4811
Well done to the College Media Team, which worked all day to cover the action at HBF Arena - Captain Emma Paskett, Sasha Bitao, Theresa Titus, Jessica LeDain, Connor LeDain, Sophia Mangat, Aaron James, Anushka Kotian, Ashley Mascarenhas, Stephni Jesuthasan, Ayden Ratnasekera, Isioma Onyemgba, Jeremy Pang, Phoebe VanHeiningen and Christine Buluran. A great effort! Check out some of the many great moments they captured in the gallery, above.
The carnival provided some outstanding performances on the day with a number of College records broken. New records are listed below:
- 50m Backstroke - Year 7 F – Jamiela Penales
- 50m Freestyle - Year 7 M – Charles Empleo
- 50m Breastroke - Year 7 M – Charles Empleo
- 50m Butterfly - Year 7 M – Charles Empleo
- 50m Backstroke - Year 9 M – Riley Suckling
- 50m Freestyle - Open M – Ethan Glassborrow
- 50m Butterfly - Open M – Ethan Glassborrow
Unfortunately, due to time constraints at the Interhouse Swimming Carnival the College wasn’t able to acknowledge the Champion, Runner Up Champion and a Third-place students on the day. Congratulations goes to the following students:
- Year 7 Champion Female – Jamiela Penales
- Year 7 Runner Up Female – Jessica Aim
- Year 7 Third Place Female – Sophia Drayton-Witty
- Year 8 Champion Female – Angelina Smith
- Year 8 Runner Up Female – Tatum Cooper
- Year 8 Third Place Female – Ali Trevenen
- Year 9 Champion Female – Sophie Griffiths
- Year 9 Runner Up Female – Emily Bates
- Year 9 Third Place Female - Kyla Shepherd
- Year 10 Champion Female – Jasmine Volpi
- Year 10 Runner Up Female – Harriet McCready
- Year 10 Third Place Female – Paige Hale
- Open Champion Female – Chloe Deliu
- Open Runner Up Female – Zeta Stevens
- Open Third Place Female - Arielle Chant
- Year 7 Champion Male – Charles Empleo
- Year 7 Runner Up Male – Joshua Hardy
- Year 7 Third Place Male – Tyson Shepherd
- Year 8 Champion Male – Saxon Ridgeway Le-Gresley
- Year 8 Runner Up Male – Ashton Ricafranca
- Year 8 Third Place Male - Rory Welch
- Year 9 Champion Male – Riley Suckling
- Year 9 Runner Up Male – Zac Dawson
- Year 9 Third Place Male – Glen Brosztl
- Year 10 Champion Male – Matthew Deliu
- Year 10 Runner Up Male – Marty Cocking
- Year 10 Third Place Male – Lachlan Fenwick
- Open Champion Male – Ethan Glassborow
- Open Runner Up Male – Brian Anthony
- Open Third Place Male - Michael Tilli
Shenae Hartree, a member of our Canons Specialised Basketball Program, has been named in the WA U/18 Metro Women’s State Basketball team. The girls will travel to Ballarat, Victoria in April. Well done Shenae!
Best of luck to the Canons Specialised Basketball students who will be competing in the WABL Grading Tournament over the next few weekends. Be sure to implement what you practice and I look forward to hearing how you went.
I would like to ask all parents and students to pass on their sporting success to me throughout the year as we want to celebrate our students’ achievements at the College. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canons Swim Squad for Term 1
Where: College Pool
When: Tuesday & Thursday mornings @ 7:15-8:15am
Please bring College swimming attire. All students are welcome whether you’re still learning or want to improve your fitness levels.
Canons Running Club Term 1
Where: Meet in the Year 7 Area
When: Tuesday afternoon from 3:30pm-4:30pm
Friday morning from 7:30-8:30am
All students are welcome if you want to improve your fitness levels.
Please wear your PE summer uniform.
Any questions regarding Swim Squad or Running Club please see Mr Godfrey in the PE office.
Swimming Events Challenge
There will be a Swimming Events Challenge session held on Thursday March 5 from 7:15am–8:15am at Aqualife, Victoria Park for any student who was unable to compete at the Interhouse Swimming Carnival. This is similar to how the Cross Country and Athletics Event Challenges will operate.
Please contact email@example.com for you wish to challenge.
Mr R Godfrey (Head of Sport)