Instrumental lessons and ensemble rehearsals have commenced for 2020.
Students learning an instrument or voice through the College’s Music Program are asked to carefully read their instrumental timetables that were sent out on Friday. Attached to the email was the updated Music Handbook which provides important information regarding the program, including policies and procedures for absences, payment and the timetable itself. Failure to adhere to the information set out in the booklet may result in withdrawal from the Music Program. If you have any questions regarding lessons, please contact Mrs Katherine Freind (Performing Arts Administrative Assistant) at email@example.com or by phoning the College on ext 226.
Ensembles also start this week for all College Ensembles as follows:
- College String Ensemble (Monday 3:30-4:30pm) – invitation only
- College Senior Vocal Ensemble (Monday 1:00-1:30pm) – auditions will be held after the College Musical Production
- College Chorale (Tuesday 7:45-8:45am) – non-auditioned and available to anyone interested in singing from Year 7-12
- College Percussion Ensemble (Tuesday 1:00-1:30pm) – on invitation only
- College Concert Band (Wednesday 8:00-9:00am) – on invitation only
- College Liturgical Music (Wednesday 1:00-1:30pm) – non-auditioned and available to anyone interested in liturgical singing from Year 7-12
- College Guitar Ensemble (Thursday 7:30-8:30am) – on invitation only
Ensemble contracts will be distributed at your first rehearsal and must be signed and returned ASAP to the Xanten Performing Arts Centre. Ensemble participation is compulsory for all students undertaking instrumental or vocal lessons through the College’s Music Program. If you have any queries regarding any of the College Ensembles or you would like to join one, please contact Mr. Chadwick Beins (Director of Music) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the College on ext 226.
I look forward to a wonderful year ahead for Music at St Norbert College.
Mr C Beins (Head of Learning Area – The Arts)