Office hours are: 8:15am - 4:30pm
Telephone: 8520 9000
Parents should always make contact with the General Office first when visiting the school or trying to make contact with their children.
Appointments with teachers must be made via telephone or email them directly.
Student absences should be reported to the school before 9:00am. Please email the Attendance Officer Courtney Mauger (email@example.com) or telephone 8520 9050 on the day of the absence by 9:00am.
A note on the day of return to the General Office is required for absences where no parent contact has been possible.
Late arrival to school
In order to minimise disruption to class and maximise learning opportunities for our students, we would like to remind you of the school policy regarding late arrival to school. Students are expected to be at school at 8:30am. A locker bell rings at 8:35am and class begins punctually at 8:50am. If your child is late for any reason, please notify the school by phone 8520 9050, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing a note in the student's diary explaining the reason.
If no explanation has been received students are given a pass to class and an after school detention for the following day.
Please ensure that if your child is leaving early or arriving late for any reason that a note needs to be written in the diary so that the teachers are aware too.
If your student needs to leave school early for any reason, please write a note in their diary explaining the reason. Teachers will not allow any student to leave their class unless there is authorisation.
We appreciate your support in this. If you have any questions please call Courtney on 8520 9050.
Our uniform supplier Bob Stewart started trading from Monday 4 January 2021.
- Location: 466 Centre Road Bentleigh
- Phone number: 9036 7384
- Trading hours: 8:30am - 5pm, Mon to Fri / 9:30am - 12:30pm, Sat
CHANGE TO CANTEEN OPERATIONS
Avoca catering is now running our Canteen.
Please note the following exciting changes:
- They will be open from 7:30am every school day serving great breakfast;
- Barista-made coffee will be available throughout the school day;
- Café quality food consistent with the national Healthy School Canteen Guidelines;
- Less sugary drinks replaced with healthier options;
- The Flexischools app will be fully launched and used from the start of term.
To learn more about Avoca Catering, including their ready-made meals, you can visit their online store at www.avocacatering.com.au.
Ordering Lunches on Flexischools
- Download the Flexischools App;
- Login/Register - already a flexischools user (enter details and login), if new flexischools user (click 'register');
- Once your account is set up, add new student; search for McKinnon Secondary College, enter student details and select their class;
- Place your order;
- Make your selection;
- Make payment.
Please ensure all school clothes, books and personal property are clearly labelled with the student’s name. Many items are not returned to their rightful owners because they are not labelled correctly or clearly.
USBs should include a folder with the student’s name and form to assist in returning it to the correct person. If you have lost anything see Mrs Plate in the Sick Bay during recess, lunch or end of day.