Compass Career News
Here's a summary of the latest Career News with the full Careers Newsletters below.
Items in the 19 March 2021 Career News –
- News from Deakin University
- Deakin Campus Tours – April School Holidays
- New Education and Teaching Course Finder Tool
- Early Leaders Program at Swinburne University
- Studying Design Courses at RMIT University
- Freight, Transport, and Logistics
- Event Planning Courses in Victoria in 2021
- Human Resources Courses on offer in Victoria in 2021
- Snapshot of The Australian National University (ANU) in 2021
Items in the 26 March 2021 Career News –
- Dates to Diarise in Term 2
- Career as an Intelligence & Policy Analyst
- News from Monash University
- Monash Campus Tours – April School Holidays
- Monash Information Evenings
- William Angliss Experience Day – Online Bake Off
- News from the Australian National University
- Applications for 2022 Entry
- Changes to Engineering and Computing Programs from 2021
- Student Webinars
- JMC Academy
- Fashion, Textiles, & Visual Merchandising Courses in Victoria in 2021
- Snapshot of RMIT University in 2021
ADF Health Careers Virtual Information Session – 12 April at 6 pm
Protect the health and wellbeing of Australian Defence personnel both on base and on deployments, in a rewarding Health role. Learn more about the wide range of Health opportunities within the ADF by tuning into this virtual info session, where you can speak with current serving members about their own experiences and advice.
For more information and to register go to: www.defencejobs.gov.au/events/events-detail/wsy6v13
ACAP Undergraduate Coaching Webinar – 15 April at 12:30 pm
ACAP’s (Australian College of Applied Psychology) Bachelor of Counselling (Coaching) offers minor in coaching. Essentially, providing an opportunity for the students to complete the counselling degree and acquire an additional qualification – a professional coach. This interactive webinar’s purpose is to demystify coaching to those interested in pursuing a career in coaching, providing answers to questions around the best way to study coaching units and what students can expect to learn and how.
Find out more and register by clicking here.
RMIT Discover What’s Next online events during April
Get to know RMIT and what it's like to study your dream course in this series of online sessions for Year 12s. You'll get insights from current students and staff about your course options, what industry experience really means, the RMIT clubs and societies, global opportunities and much more.
- All you need to know about RMIT – 20 April at 5 pm
Thinking about studying at RMIT? Start here and you’ll find out from staff and students what RMIT have to offer. This is the perfect session if you’re in secondary school and not quite sure what you’re wanting to study at RMIT, or if you’re wanting a broad overview of what RMIT offers. You’ll hear from RMIT staff and students on: You’ll have the chance to ask questions and find out where RMIT might take you.
- Business – 22 April at 5 pm
From administration to finance, accounting to entrepreneurship, you can become a key player in international business when you study Business at RMIT. This is the perfect session if you’re in secondary school and are considering studying Business courses at RMIT. You’ll hear from our staff and a current student on: You’ll have the chance to ask questions and find out where Business at RMIT might take you.
- Law – 27 April at 5 pm
Explore law at RMIT and learn how RMIT courses can set you up for work as a legal professional. This is the perfect session if you’re in secondary school and are considering studying Law courses at RMIT. You’ll have the chance to ask questions and find out where Law at RMIT might take you.
Find out more: www.rmit.edu.au/events/2021/april/discover-whats-next-law
Launching a Career in Space
Have you dreamed of a career in space? Careers with STEM has interviewed three different people working in the space industry, all with different jobs and different pathways. You can read more about what they do and how they got there in Careers with STEM’s blog by clicking here.
Careers & Pathways Coordinator