O'Connor Catholic College - Enrolments for 2022
Enrolment forms for Yr 7 2022 at O'Connor should now be lodged with the College
The Carer Gateway is an Australian Government initiative that supports Carers. Carers NSW is a Carer Gateway provider in the Central Coast, Hunter New England, Mid North Coast & Northern NSW .
We provide emotional and practical support to unpaid carers. We consider a carer to be someone who looks after a family member or friend who has a disability, chronic illness, mental health challenge, drug and alcohol dependency, or is frail.
Some points about Carer Gateway eligibility:
· The caring role needs to be ongoing (more than 6 months unless palliative).
· Does not include paid carers.
· You don’t need to live in the same house as someone to be considered a carer.
· You don’t need to be the primary carer, as long as you take on a caring role in their life.
· Eligibility is not connected to the services that the person you care for receives or is eligible for (e.g. NDIS, My Aged Care).
· Not about legal status as a carer or whether you are receiving a carer payment.
· There are no residency or visa requirements.
· A parent or guardian must provide consent for young people under 16 years of age to engage with the Carer Gateway program.
We have factsheets translated into 21 different languages available here: https://www.carergateway.gov.au/resources-language
If you have referrals, please contact the Carer Gateway via 1800 422 737 or www.carergateway.gov.au or ideally have the carer contact the Gateway directly.