Maroondah Australia Day Awards
Australia Day Awards will be presented by Maroondah City Council in three categories:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Community Event of the Year - Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, nominations for online and digital events are also being encouraged.
Nominations close at 5:00pm on Sunday 6 December 2020.
Nominations may be mailed to: Councillor Support Officer, Maroondah City Council,
PO Box 156, Ringwood, 3134.
The Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year recognise outstanding contributions to the Maroondah community by individuals.
- The contribution could be in the areas of sport; hobbies; at school, college or university; in business or trade; to the environment; personal achievement or voluntary work.
- The person does not need to be a resident of Maroondah, but in that case their contribution must be substantially to the community of Maroondah.
- The Young Citizen of the Year Award recognises those aged 16 to 25. Nominees must be under 26 years of age on January 26, 2021.
The Award for Community Event of the Year recognises an event which best reflects the importance of strong community values and ties.
- The event must have taken place in Maroondah between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- Groups may nominate their own event.
- Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, nominations for online and digital events are also being encouraged.