Mass & Reconciliation Friday 20th at 11:30am
This Friday the school will attend Mass followed by the sacrament of Reconciliation for those students in Year 3-6 who have made their Reconciliation. Our students in Year 3 making their First Holy Communion on the 29th will go to Reconciliation on Friday after Mass.
Semester 2 Reporting
Currently the teachers are working on our Semester Two student reports. We are using the Compass Platform to complete the Semester Reports. Parents will be able to view these via the parent portal in week 9. The reports will also be printed and mailed home in week 9. In the week 8 newsletter we will give you the instructions on how to access the Semester Two reports on Compass.
2021 School Advisory Council Members
Please consider nominating for the School Advisory Council for 2021.
In next weeks newsletter I will be calling for nominations. Please read the attached
Process of Discernment, Nomination and Election information below.
Functions of the School Advisory Council
The School Advisory Council has responsibility to advise in the following areas.
- The development of the Catholic identity, ethos and mission of the school.
- Promotion of the school in the local community.
- Pastoral care strategies in the school community.
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Ensuring compliance with the ACNC Regulations by school associations and committees such as the P&F.
- Development of local strategic plans (finance, buildings, resources) and contributing to diocesan educational strategic planning.
- Facilitation of school community responses in conjunction with Catholic system, engaging with governments on school funding and other relevant issues.
- Supporting opportunities for parent engagement in student learning.
- The provision of opportunities for parents for social, community and parish interaction and for parents to form supportive networks.
- Other matters as requested by the Principal or Parish Priest.
Due to the COVID -19 regulations we have not held a SAC meeting in 2020. The SAC meetings occur once each term, four times a year. In November nominations are called for vacant positions for the following year.
Invitation to First Holy Communion
We are very excited that four children will be making their First Holy Communion on Sunday 29th November, 10am in St Patrick's Church.
Please keep Lachie Provost, Olivia Hoy, Frankie Healey & Addison Smith in your prayers as they prepare to receive the Eucharist for the first time.
The children in Year 3/4 are currently studying the Religion Unit Eucharist - Jesus is with us. The class is invited to come to the Mass on Sunday 29th to support and witness their four class mates make their First Eucharist.
COVID CHANGES from November 12, 2020
- P & F Meetings can resume onsite after hours
- Parents can assist with reading groups
- Whole school assemblies can recommence for students only (Parents can still not attend)
Covid 19 Protocols that are still in place at the school level:
- Everyone needs to sanitise their hands on entry to school
- All visitors including parents must report to the office
- Parents are not to enter school grounds at drop off or pick up times and must social distance when waiting outside the school gates. Please avoid close contact with others.
- Students with mild flu-like symptoms must have a COVID 19 test before returning to school. Parents must provide the school with evidence of a negative result.
There are still restrictions on large gatherings, but we will continue to work on ways to celebrate at the end of the year the successes of our students in a Covid-safe way.
Good Manners Matter
We have high expectations of our children and manners. We expect our children to speak politely all of the time.
Students are to say good morning or good afternoon when they greet an adult.