This is important information for students, families and staff who use Charman road in Cheltenham, and who use bus routes that travel along Charman Road.
Students, families and staff who usually use these routes will need to detour and allow extra travelling time.
CHARMAN ROAD, CHELTENHAM
Charman Road, Cheltenham will be closed between Blagdon Street and Station Road from 2pm Friday 15 November to Friday 6 December 2019, subject to suitable weather.
Vehicles can detour via Nepean Highway, Bay Road, Reserve Road and Balcombe Road.
Detour signage and traffic management will be in place at both roads.
Due to the Charman Road closure, bus routes 600, 811, 812, 922 and 923 are being disrupted.
Bus stops on Charman Road, between Weatherall Road and Park Road will not be serviced.
Bus route 922 will also miss stops on Weatherall Road.
Passengers may use the existing stops on Charman Road at
- Nepean Highway (northbound)
- Cheltenham Youth Club (southbound),
- Keith Street (northbound, Routes 600, 811, 812 and 923 only) and
- Latrobe Street (southbound, Routes 600, 811, 812 and 923 only).
Passengers for Route 922 may use the stops on Reserve Road at
- Erowal Street (northbound) and
- Tibbles Street (southbound)
Passengers may experience delays due to the closure of the Charman Road level crossing in Cheltenham.
- Please allow an additional 10 minutes for your journey.
For more information and to plan your journey, visit the PTV website.
You can see more details at the following links: