COVID 19 Procedures
Important procedures for St Patrick's:
Parents, carers & visitors are not to enter the playground & classrooms - please only come to the front office. All parents, carers & visitors must sign in at the office when entering the school grounds, this is a school & government requirement.
Students & Staff who are absent or sent home due to flu like symptoms need to be tested and must not return to school until they return a negative COVID-19 result and school has sighted the negative COVID-19 test results.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include: fever (37.5 ° or higher), cough, sore throat, shortness of breath (difficulty breathing), loss of taste, loss of smell.
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include fatigue, runny nose, muscle pain, joint pain, headache, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite.
In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress.
Adults at school need to maintain physical distancing 1.5m at all times from other adults. Students are not required to maintain physical distancing.
Students need to practice hand hygiene upon entry to school, entry to the classroom, and when exiting from the classroom.
Parents and carers volunteering in the canteen are permitted.
Parents are asked to maintain the current practice:
Adults must maintain physical distancing (1.5m) at all times, including during school drop off and pick up.
COVID CHANGES from November 12, 2020
- P & F Meetings can resume onsite after hours
- Parents can assist with reading groups
- Whole school assemblies can recommence for students only
Covid 19 Protocols that are still in place at the school level:
- Everyone needs to sanitise their hands on entry to school
- All visitors including parents must report to the office
- Parents are not to enter school grounds at drop off or pick up times and must social distance when waiting outside the school gates. Please avoid close contact with others.
- Students with mild flu-like symptoms must have a COVID 19 test before returning to school. Parents must provide the school with evidence of a negative result.
There are still restrictions on large gatherings, but we will continue to work on ways to celebrate at the end of the year the successes of our students in a Covid-safe way.
Thank you for your continued support in this challenging time.
Student Water Bottles
Please send a water bottle in with your child each day as they are not able to use the bubblers during COVID-19 restrictions.
Bubblers are only to be used to fill water bottles, not for drinking from.
When parents enter the school office they are asked to use the hand sanitiser provided.