Princess Royal Sailing Club Newsletter
Issue 20, 7 February 2020
At a glance:
- Lost property sale! See Membership News.
- Saturday sailing returns: This Saturday we expect ...
- Bring and share Saturday night meal for Dymes Cup!
- Wednesday Sailing: 9.30am Wednesdays when conditions allow.
- Juniors Sailing: 9am start.
- Cultcha Kitchen: Guest Chef Damien is back to cater 14 February.
- Sailability HANSA Regatta: 15 and 16 February 2020. Information here.
- Le Dejeuner en Blanc, 12noon-4pm, Sunday 23 February. Information here.
- Walpole in the Trees Regatta: Saturday 29 February to Sunday 1 March 2020.
BAR STAFF REQUIRED: SEE CLUB CLASSIFIEDS.
From the Commodore
What an exciting week we have in store at PRSC!
This Saturday, 8 February, it’s the Dymes Cup race, followed by a shared meal. This prestigious event in our racing calendar has an interesting history, shared during the evening by a past recipient.
Next Saturday 15 and Sunday 16, it’s the Hansa Class WA Championships at PRSC, and we will have many visitors from Perth joining our growing team of Hansa Sailors. Hansa Liberty sailors will be arriving on Friday to register and participate in some on water practice with coach Grant Alderton, AUS Para Sailing Gold Medal Winning Coach from Rio Paralympics, former Flying Fifteen Champion and holder of nine National Championship titles.
Friday 14 February from 6pm you are invited to join Hansa sailors, families, carers, friends and volunteers on the Sailor's Deck for a welcoming barbecue meal. For catering, please book here.
Saturday the Hansa racing begins at 9.20am and these colourful boats will be on our harbour until all races finish around 4pm. Members and families are invited to join the Hansa teams for a delicious sit-down Opening Dinner in the upstairs dining area from 6pm.
Guest speaker will be Grant Alderton and the days racing results will be announced for both Club Racing and Hansa Racing. Dinner is two courses with two choices, prepared by Runes Catering. Booking is essential so add your name here.
Stick around on Sunday because there are more races starting at 9am and finishing around 2.30-3.00pm with presentations to follow.
For the Hansa sailors – what an awe-inspiring team of competent and competitive sailors – all proving that sailing is for everyone! Please make every effort to join us at some time over these weekends full of sailing.
Susette Evans, Commodore