Princess Royal Sailing Club Newsletter
Issue Thirteen, 26 March 2020
From the Commodore
Princess Royal Sailing Club Closure
Regretfully the Board of Management has closed the sailing club for all activities for the remainder of the sailing season. This past nine months has seen much upheaval with many changes, and although this is by far the greatest challenge, our membership remains our core concern.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but conforming with health directives from state and national sources clearly indicates cancellation of clubs and events will assist health authorities to maintain more control over the spread of the COVID19 virus and keep us all safer.
Effective 23 March 2020, the club building was closed and volunteers began preparing the usual winter season boat and pen maintenance.
Please be aware that the Board of Management, including the Manager, will not be resting during this time of closure. The time will be spent planning an awesome 2020-2021 sailing season.
Suggested methods of staying in touch:
- Newsletter: Will reduce to monthly bulletins
- Website: Soon to be updated
- Board member emails or phones
- Setup WhatsApp small groups for:
- Skippers and crew planning
- Social events for 2020-2021
- Supporting your family, friends and colleagues
- Discussing the upcoming draft strategic plan
- Discussing and challenging yourself for board roles at the 2020 AGM in September
Susette Evans, Commodore