Triathlon & Tug-of-War
On the final day of Term One, students participated in two of our annual Inter-House sporting events. I would like to congratulate all the students who participated in the Triathlon, and the Tug-of-War. Results for the carnivals are below. Thank you also to the Mazenod staff for their assistance with running the carnivals.
This year, we had the first ever staff team enter the Year 11/12 Triathlon. Congratulations to the team (listed below) who finished in a very respectable 2nd Place!
HOUSE TRIATHLON RESULTS
*Order of competitor names listed is: Swimmer, Rider, Runner.
Congratulations to the following students who competed in the Triathlon as an individual, and amazing effort!
- Year 8: Leo van Niekerk (Tempier)
- Year 9: Johann De Boer (Gerard)
- Year 12: Troy Blackler (Cebula) & Giacomo Paduano (Gavin)
Head of Health and Physical Education
Baseball Wins Gold In Senior League!
Trent Daniele (Yr 11), Andrew Hurrelbrink (Yr 11) and Ashton Hamilton (Yr 10) were part of the Swan Hill Aces Charter team who won a Gold Medal in the Senior League State Baseball Championships over the holidays!
The team were undefeated and have earned a spot representing WA at the National Australian Youth Championships in Lismore from 19 May. All three boys were named in the Allstar team, with Trent taking out the MVP award for the tournament.
Congratulations to this terrific trio of talented baseballers!
Daniel To Represent Australia
During the school holidays Daniel Perrella represented Western Australia on the 23&U men’s netball team at the Australian Mens & Mixed Netball Association’s National Championships in Melbourne. We are delighted to announce that Daniel has been selected for the All Australian 17&U men’s netball team, which will travel to Wellington, New Zealand in September to compete at the New Zealand National Championships!
Well done Daniel and good luck!
Talented Noah Makes WA 16's State Team
Noah Hannan has made it to the NAB WA 16’s Academy State Team!
The state coaches attended WAFL 16's (Futures) training sessions over the summer to observe players and a squad was selected to play a scratch match at Fremantle Dockers home stadium at Cockburn over the April school holidays.
WA will play SA on Sunday 16 June 2019 in Perth, they then travel to QLD to play Victoria Country on Monday 8 July 2019 and Victoria Metro on Friday 12 July 2019.
Congratulations Noah on this fantastic achievement!
A Gold And Two Silvers In Breaststroke
There's no stopping Lucas Nayler who performed extremely well at the recent 2019 Hancock Prospecting Junior Long Course State Swimming Championships (12 - 14 April 2019).
Lucas won the following medals:
- 1st place (gold medal / state champion) - 200m Breaststroke 12yrs
- 2nd place (silver medal) - 50m Breaststroke 12yrs
- 2nd place (silver medal) - 100m Breaststroke 12yrs
Congratulations on your fantastic Breaststroke results!
Year 7 and 8 Lightning Carnivals
- Year 7 Monday 6 May , 2019
- Year 8 Wednesday 8 May , 2019
Information is in attached letters below.
Please note this important message:
The current weather forecast for Monday 6 May: Year 7 Lightning Carnival is looking wet. As per the ACC Lightning Carnival Charter – rain in itself will not be grounds to cancel the carnival. Being a carnival of winter based sports please assume the carnival is running even through wet weather.
- If on the morning of the carnival it looks like severe weather all day, a decision will be made by the Director of Sport on the cancellation of the carnival. Every effort will be made for the carnival to go ahead and cancellation will only be made if the weather poses a risk to student health and safety. Rain is not in itself cause for cancellation, other variables such as temperature, wind, and lightning/storms will be taken into account.
- ACC office will SMS & email all schools ASAP if the carnival is to be cancelled.
- If the weather deteriorates during the day to the point, where the well-being of the students is at risk, then the Director of Sport will cancel the carnival and inform all sport controllers.
As a result of this please send your son/s with wet weather gear (towels/change of clothes/rain jacket). Please also have the boys bring their laptops in the event the carnival is cancelled and the boys stay at school. If this is the case you will receive and email SMS to inform you if this decision has been made.
Current weather forecasts can be obtained at: