Parking at the College
With the commencement of Phase 1 works of the College Master Plan, there are some changes to parking at the College, including A block lawn parking now closed.
Early Years Carpark
- Open to Pre-Kindy and Kindy parents only.
Main Carpark (off John XXIII Avenue) including staff parking area
- Available for all families in Primary and Secondary School.
- There are areas designated for pick up / drop off
- Bays allocated for pick-up and drop-off are not parking bays on school days between 7:30am-9:00am and 2:30pm-4:00pm
With current works underway at the campus student car parking is available in the designated area on the College ovals, accessible via the Main Carpark off John XXIII Avenue. Students are reminded not to park in the “Loop” carpark on Mooro Drive or in the Main Car park on John XXIII Avenue.
Staff Parking carparks
With current works underway at the campus staff car parking is available in designated areas on the basketball courts and College ovals, accessible via the Main Carpark off John XXIII Avenue. Staff are reminded not to park in the staff parking area in front of the gym, as this has now been freed up for parent parking.
Only vehicles with an ACROD permit may park in accessible bays and must clearly display the permit.
There are limited visitor parking and reserved bays available on the loop accessible via Mooro Drive.
Help the flow and improve safety
We encourage all parents and guardians using the main car park off John XXIII Avenue to pull into a bay to pick up their children. Not only is this safer, it also allows for better flow of traffic.
More young students are around the Loop Carpark and crossing the road due to the current restrictions on parents entering our College campus. Please drive carefully and slowly whilst in a school zone, and particularly in the Loop Carpark.
The beginning and end of the school day are busy times for pedestrians and drivers outside our school campus. You can help keep students safe by remembering the following:
- Slow down around the College and drive safely.
- Be aware, be courteous and be responsible.
- Drop your child off and pick them up in designated pick-up areas (see below for further details).
- Always take extra care in 40km school zones.
- Observe and adhere to all regulatory signage and follow all parking signs - these help keep your child as safe as possible.
- Never double park - it is illegal and puts children at risk.
- Model safe and considerate pedestrian and driver behaviours.
- Always give way to pedestrians particularly when entering and leaving driveways.
- Please make sure you carefully read the parking signs before you park your vehicle.
- Vehicles on the College campus must be parked within marked bays at all times.
- Vehicles may not park in no parking areas, no stopping areas, access ways or any area not officially set aside for parking, including verges, gardens and pathways.
- Please use the John XXIII College carparks only. We need to respect our neighbours, as parking, even if for five minutes during morning or afternoon pick-up is causing inconvenience.
Pick-up and drop-off guide
The pick-up and drop off guide for the College are as follows:
The Loop (Mooro Drive entrance)
- Available for morning drop off for Years 1-12 students.
- Available for pick up for parents with a child in Years 1-3 (and their older siblings). Please have your surname sign displayed on your dashboard.
- Teaching staff operate the loop for the afternoon pickup between 3:15pm and 3:30pm.
The Loop's Rules - Morning
- Please drive all the way to the bottom of the loop (in front of the Administration building).
- For safety, have your child exit from the non-driver (left) side of the vehicle.
The Loop's Rules - Afternoon
- Please do not arrive until after 3:10pm. If your child takes a little while to walk to the loop, then perhaps arrive even a bit later.
- Try to keep Mooro Drive flowing:
- Ideally, approach the loop from the west end of Mooro Drive. This allows an easy left-hand turn into the loop.
- Smart queuing: When waiting for your child in the afternoon please drive all the way to the Administration building to queue (this allows more vehicles to queue off Mooro Drive).
- Be easy to spot: Have your surname sign displayed on your dash board. The teachers will then call your child/children, ready for your approach.
- Keep it moving: If your child isn't yet at the loop, then please 'keep looping'. This allows other parents (with children who are ready) to start pick up. Handy tip: If your child takes a little while to walk to the loop, then perhaps arrive a bit later. A teacher is on duty until 3:30pm
- Keep it safe: Once you have stopped in front of the Administration building, please stay in your vehicle. Staff will help your child get into your car safely, from the non-driver side.
The Main Carpark
- The main carpark off John XXIII Avenue is available for morning and afternoon drop off for Years 1-12 using allocated bays.
- Bays allocated for pick-up and drop-off are not parking bays on school days between 7:30am-9:00am and 2:30pm-4:00pm.