John XXIII College offers Horizons West private bus services taking children to and from school. Currently we run a Southern route through Swanbourne, Cottesloe, Mosman Park, North Fremantle and East Fremantle. We are pleased to extend this service to the north (Floreat, City Beach, Wembley Downs, Scarborough, Doubleview, Woodlands) and the east (Floreat, Churchlands, Wembley, West Leederville) to allow more families the opportunity to make use of this private, safe and convenient bus service.
The service is safe and an affordable option for all primary and secondary students.
Tickets are $2.50 each way and can be purchased online via the secure Horizons West e-ticketing system. It’s easy to set-up: your child just scans their Smartrider to link directly to their account.
To find out more information about the specific stops and times in your area please view the PDF below
Cashless bus ticketing has arrived
The e-ticketing system is provided by Horizons West, it is simple to set-up, safe and secure and will replace our paper ticketing system. Your child can simply scan using their Smartrider which will link directly to their account.
How to get started:
- Visit Horizon’s West e-ticketing system: www.horizonswest.com.au/eticketing
- Sign up for e-ticketing
- Register each student by entering their first name, last name and unique student code (ensure these are identical to details found on the student’s Smartrider).
- Upload funds
- Once complete students will be able to use their Smartrider on the College charter bus. If students have lost their Smartrider, or are yet to receive their card, they can simply provide their name and unique student code to the bus driver.
- Primary parents who do not know their child's unique student code please call Mrs Nancy Petsos (08) 9383 0401
- Secondary parents who do not know their child's unique student code please call Miss Emilee Rippon (08) 9383 0576
Some things to note:
Please use remaining physical tickets prior to using the Smartrider e-ticketing system. Horizons West will honour these tickets for all of Term 1.
Existing Transperth funds are not transferrable to Horizons West. Families must upload funds via the Horizons West e-ticketing system for use on John XXIII College charter buses.
If your child does not already have a Smartrider, they can apply for one at the College Library. The cards take approximately a week to arrive.
For further information about Horizons West e-Ticketing system, or if you have any questions about how to sign up, please contact Emilee Rippon at the College on
(08) 9383 0576.
Have you got the Horizon West Bus App
The Horizon West’s bus tracking app will help to revolutionise morning routines for parents and students by giving real-time bus locations across our three John XXIII College bus services.
The app is free in the App Store and Google Play. If you’re ready to simplify your mornings and get a little peace of mind at the same time, simply download the app to show the real-time location of your child’s bus on a map.
Further details are available in SEQTA Documents.