ORIGAMI AND GEOMETRY
For the first three weeks of Term 2 our Year 7 Math classes have been completing a topic on Geometry.
One of the practical activities they completed involved origami.
The task included:
- finding an origami design of their choice online;
- following instructions to producing a piece of work;
- measuring and recording the angles; and
- sending a photo of it in to their teacher.
Many students really enjoyed completing this task as an alternative to their regular textbook work.
Comments such as:
- I really enjoyed doing a practical activity and it helped me remember how to use a protractor;
- It was fun and my favourite part of Geometry;
- Overall, this task was fun but the angles were hard to measure as the layers in the paper kept on splitting;
- I found the origami folding challenging but gave it a good go.
Included are some photos of student work as examples of what was produced.
Year 7 Maths