Sports Day/Colour Run
Staff and students are looking forward to Sports Day and we know that parents are too. It is great to return to our traditional approach as we are not impacted by COVID restrictions.
To ensure a successful day for everyone, staff suggested some ways in which you as parents/caregivers can support your child and the teachers so that the day runs smoothly.
1. It is essential that your child is at school in class by 8.50am.
2. As you move around events with the class, adults are asked to listen to the teacher for instructions and for requests for assistance.
3. To ensure the safety of non-school-aged children, please supervise them at all times.
4. Students are expected to bring a bottle of water, a healthy snack, recess and lunch. A hat and sun cream is essential!
5. Students are encouraged to dress in their house colours!
6. Students are encouraged to go to the toilet during recess and lunch. If parents take students during events – staff must be notified and parents can only take their own child.
7. Staff will be responsible for the care of your child as part of our duty of care – students must communicate with staff when they are leaving the group location and this is essential when leaving at the end of the day.
8. Parents are reminded that they are only permitted to photograph or video their own
9. During the Relay, Sprints and Tug-of-War we ask that all parents/caregivers stand behind the black line to ensure the safety of all students.
Sports Day Program
See attached link for the Sports Day brochure.
Please print it at home to bring for Sports Day.
Remember the Colour Fun Run will be staged at the end of Sports Day and it will get messy!
Families are encouraged to provide students with a change of light-coloured clothes (white t-shirts work best) for the Colour Fun Run. The colour shows up better and can be hard to wash out – we don’t want to ruin your good clothes.
The Bake Sale returns for the first time since 2019. This is a long-standing LNPS tradition. Pop over to the Gym and purchase some wonderful homemade baked goods that have been donated by the school community. Be quick as they sell out quickly.
Vandough will be on site for coffee and doughnuts from 8:30am for parents and community members. This service will not be available for students.
Sports Day Parking
On Sports Day we have requested for the West Torrens Council to relax normal parking restrictions. However, they will continue to police the area and will expiate for:
- Parking across driveways;
- Parking too close to intersections;
- Parking in no-standing zones, some of which are for certain hours of the day only
- Any other offence apart from exceeding a time limit.
We encourage families that live in the local area to walk to school due to the limited parking around the school.
COLLECTING YOUR CHILD FROM SCHOOL AT THE END OF THE DAY
Parents may collect their children from teachers, from the school oval, at 3:00pm. Please notify the classroom teacher so your child can be officially signed out. The remaining students will be dismissed from their classrooms at 3:10pm.
Bookings for Before and After School Care will be open as usual on Thursday 10th November. You must have a booking.
We are looking forward to a wonderful day!