Year 12 VCE applying for university
- Very late applications close 4 December, 5pm $155
- Final submission date to guarantee consideration for all offer rounds: 4 December, 5pm
- Final date to edit Personal Statement for January round offers: 4 Jan, 5pm
Change of preference: If you want to change your course preference because you’ve changed your mind about a course or University, you still have time to add and remove (not recommended) and change your course preferences.
- Open 3 August, 9am – closes 4 January, 12pm 2021 – for January offers
- Open 14 Jan, 4pm – closes 21 Jan, 12pm for February offers
- Open 9 Feb, 10am – 2 Feb, 4pm for February 2nd round offers
- Open 16 Feb, 10am – 17 Feb, 4pm for February 3rd round offers
- 14 Jan, VTAC account – Offers are emailed to applicants (to email address you used to create your VTAC account) on the day of release and available in the VTAC account from 2pm the same day.
- 1 Feb, (2pm). Supplementary offers commence from Feb round 2. You must have selected RECEIVED SUPPLEMENTARY OFFER during VTAC account set up to receive this offer.
- 8 Feb, (2pm) Round 2 offer.
- 15 Feb, (2pm) Round 3 offer
- 22 Feb, (2pm) Round 4 offer
Universities will try to offer you your FIRST preference, if you get a first preference you WILL NOT be offered any other course in any other round – because you have been given your FIRST preference (as you have entered them in your VTAC course listings.)
If you get an offer lower than your first preference, ACCEPT it. DO NOT reject it in the hope that you will receive an offer for a course you really want, in future rounds, it may not arrive. In fact 80% of offers are made in first round.
If you really want to go to University but don’t get your first preference but get an offer for another course, it may be the only offer you get, so accept it, contact the University and ask about CHANGE OF PREFERENCE options – what can you get into with the current offer.
All Universities have Change of Preference (COP) expo’s/hotlines/online chats, use them.
Derry will be available for COP guidance until midday, 30 December at the school or after that via email: email@example.com until 31December, 12pm
Year 12 VCAL and VCE students
There are plenty of job vacancies around at the moment, including fulltime first year apprenticeships and casual positions. Please check out our Dromana College Careers Facebook page for any available positions, facebook:@dromanacollegecareers1
DO NOT APPLY TO THE COLLEGE for these positions, contact and application details will be in the post.
School Based Apprenticeships or Traineeships are also available in the following
SBATs are opportunities for students to combine a Certificate course and integrated paid employment while completing Years 11 and 12.
Currently we have SBATs available in:
Certificate III Fitness
Certificate III Education Support
Certificate III Allied Health
Certificate III Business
Certificate III Information Technology Networking and Systems
Automotive Marine – Somerville and Hastings
Automotive Diesel or Petrol
Certificate III Business Services with NAB – two year SBAT for Year 11 Aboriginal or TSI.
Students undertaking SBATs undertake a SBAT certificate will have work or further education ready qualifications upon completion of year 12.
SBATs are integrated into the VCAL program – one day work, one day Certificate, three days school – and students get paid as trainees (approx. $72 for one day a week work)
See Jackie in the Pathways office for full details and enrolment. (Tues, Wed, Thurs).
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Pathways office if you would like to have a chat (via google meet) about your child’s pathways through and beyond senior school.