Wellbeing Team news
We hope everyone is having a great Term 1!
Our Wellbeing focus this Term is on ROUTINES. We have a few tips about how to create and stick to some good routines that we share with students regularly and have on display outside our offices. Some key ones to follow at home are:
- Set a daily schedule with the same wake-up times and bedtimes for each school day—and stick to them.
- Make study time part of your teenager’s daily routine, with more time allocated for study when assignments or exams are coming up.
- Factor in time off—knowing there’s a reward for all that hard work is a great motivator.
- Make it visual—draw up a chart, keep a day planner on the fridge, record the routine on your teen’s phone or computer.
- Include your teenager’s deadlines for school assignments and exams on your calendar or planner so they can see what is coming up.
- Practise, practise, practise. It might sound obvious, but the only way to make a routine stick is to be routine about it!
- Don’t worry if you miss a beat. No one’s perfect. If the day does not go to plan, just smile, stay positive and start again the next day.
For YEAR 7 STUDENTS we will be starting up lunchtime games in the clubhouse each Thursday the week after camp.
The Wellbeing Team