From the Principal
No student or staff member at Ringwood Secondary College has been reported as having COVID-19 and the school remains open.
In all matters of communication, schools are being advised and updated with communication from the Departments of Education and Health.
However, as you are aware and reported in Compass, changes have been made specifically to our college organisation in response to the community outbreak of COVID-19. Compass News Feed will continue to be the main source of information regarding the latest advice and updates regarding any transitioning to remote learning.
All school events outside of normal school activities that involve large gatherings of people are now cancelled until the end of April and you will be advised of further changes as circumstances evolve.
At our council meeting earlier this week our office bearers for 2020/21 were elected.
Council President: Teresa Lodge;
Council Vice President: Sarah Szubanski; Additional Executive members: Terry Bebe and Ian Roadnight.
The Building Project is progressing at pace with the following work program scheduled for the remainder of Term 1.
The main roofing is now nearing completion with lots of other services being roughed in. It is really something that all our staff and students can look forward to later in the year. It is still a very busy time on site at the moment.
- Concrete (Civil works) - Grind, level, make good, site clean-up, defects rectifications
- Roofing - Roof sheet install, Capping's, flashings, miscellaneous
- Structural Steel Fire Rating - Applied finish to external columns, fire rated structural steel- spray applied fire rating to internal beams, board to perimeter beams, and miscellaneous
- Plasterer and Metal Frame - External level 1 wall framing (building perimeter), external ground floor wall framing (building perimeter), ceiling grid
- Carpenter Internal level 1 wall framing internal ground floor framing, building wrap, battens, cladding
- Glass and Aluminium (Windows)- Site measure, install sub sills, install frames (external frames are priority)
- Bricklaying - External bricklaying, internal bricklaying
- Plumber - Sewer and stormwater in ground, North and South, Hill St. fire booster relocation, south in ground, miscellaneous rough in
- Electrical - rough in
- Security - rough in
- Mechanical - pre works site visit/measure, rough in for cooling
- Builder - Carpentry make good to door at end of VCE building, canopy link to west of site works - erect structural steel, install roof.
I would like to wish all members of the RSC community the very best for the upcoming Term 1 break which commences at 230pm on Friday March 27th as you continue to navigate these tricky times. At this stage, school will resume for all students on Tuesday April 14th, 2020.
We have all learnt a lot over the past weeks in these uncertain times. Being able to achieve more than you thought possible is one of those and even though we may not feel it at the moment, life will exist on the other side of this global pandemic.
So, let’s all prepare for that time too.