Dear Parents and Friends of St Therese's School,
'MARANATHA' - Come Lord Jesus
Advent: Week 1 HOPE
Advent is a four week season of preparation for the coming of Christ at Christmas and it always has a theme of looking towards the future coming of Christ at the end times. One of the prayers of the early Church which is linked with the season of waiting and longing, was the Aramaic word 'MARANATHA', which means 'Come Lord'. Use this prayer often this week as one way to begin preparation for Christmas.
Advent Theme: God shows his mercy through the face of Jesus We need to be the face of Jesus in the world today. During this Advent season we are waiting "for all the individuals and nations on earth to grow into the kind of relationship with each other that will encourage mutual help instead of competition and conflict. Then the Kingdom of God will be established!".
Each week at Assembly we will learn more about Advent.
Congratulations to our A Team who played on Friday in the State finals at the Dandenong Basketball Stadium. While they didn't win overall, they won 3 out of the 4 games. St Therese's was proudly repesented by ****insert names of kids who played*******. Thank you to Mr Sanchez for his support coaching and support to enable the team to get this far. Thanks to Mrs Beshera for helping on the day along with the parents who stayed to cheer the team on! Well done, we are very proud of you.
Christmas Nativity Concert
This Thursday 5th December, we will hold our annual Christmas concert. This year's theme is that of the traditional nativity. Miss Bishop has guided the teachers and prepared the children for the occasion.
Students are asked to wear Christmas colours and need to gather with the class teachers at 6:45pm for a 7:00pm start.
Families are invited to a BYO family picnic at school prior to the beginning of the concert from 5:30pm.
I look forward to seeing you all there!
All outstanding School Fees were due to be paid by November 30. If your family is experiencing difficulty with paying fees or you would like to arrange a direct debit please contact the office and speak to Colleen Johnson at your earliest convenience.
As advertised, this week the School will be sending home letters to all families who have made no attempt to pay their school fees.
Transition for 2020
Today, the children learned who their teachers are for 2020. Change can be stressful for many people, particularly children. I ask that when your child comes home that you speak to them positively about their new teacher and class. Learning how to cope with change is part of growing up and in order to assist our children to become well adjusted and resilient adults we need to model a positive attitude. If there are concerns, please listen to and reassure your child and allow yourself and them to 'sleep on it' before reacting.
I am pleased to announce that we have new staff joining our learning community in 2020.
- Mrs Michelle Hinds will take on the role of Deputy Principal and Religious Education Leader.
- Mr Michael Palmer will take on the role of Year 4 classroom teacher. Michael has been teaching for a number of years and is currently teaching at St Francis Xavier College in Beaconsfield.
- Miss Caitlin Hall will take on the role of Year 2 classroom teacher. Caitlin has recently completed the Bachelor of Education at Australian Catholic University.
- Miss Maddy Foster will take on the role of Year 3 classroom teacher. Maddy has recently completed the Bachelor of Education at Australian Catholic University. Both Caitlin and Maddy completed their final teaching placements at St Therese's and are already quite well known by our staff and students.
I know you will warmly welcome all new staff for 2020.
The class teachers and education support officers for 2020 are as follows;
- Foundation - Ms Sharon Evans, Ms Colleen Kathard and Mrs Vanessa Cowan
- Year One - Mrs Linda Carter, Mrs Meghan Brockman and Mr Zvonko M
- Year Two - Mrs Rosie Osthmuller/Miss Jackie Bishop, Miss Caitlin Hall and Mrs Donna Weare
- Year Three - Mrs Rosina Chandra, Miss Maddy Foster and Mrs Elle May
- Year Four - Mr Michael Palmer, Miss Jane Heard and Mrs Kirsten Beshera
- Senior - Miss Shelby Griffiths, Mrs Helen Hancock, Mrs Trish Lloyd/Mr Carlos Sanchez and Mrs Kerry O'Connell
The specialist teachers for 2020 are:
- Languages - Japanese - Mrs Joy Andrews
- Health & PE - Mr Carlos Sanchez & Mrs Carmel Perrins
- Visual Arts - Mrs Catherine Hogan
- Performing Arts - Miss Jackie Bishop
In 2020, Miss Irena Krejic will take leave for 12 months. We wish her all the best and look forward to having her back in 2021. Mr David Dobric will continue to take leave into 2020.
Mrs Carmel Perrins has decided to reduce her days next year and as such will teach for 3 days. Her duties will involve junior PE, PMP and releasing teachers.
Mrs Lyn Kelly has now officially resigned. She will be back in 2020 in a volunteer capacity to run programs such as SEASONS.
The Leadership Team members and their roles for 2020 are as follows.
- Michelle Bruitman - Principal
- Michelle Hinds - Deputy and Religious Education Leader
- Meegan Blackney - Learning and Teaching Leader
- Rosie Osthmuller - Learning Adjustment Leader
- Trish Lloyd - Student Wellbeing Leader
- Sharon Evans - Foundation Leader
- Meghan Brockman - Junior Level Leader
- Rosina Chandra - Middle Level Leader
- Shelby Griffiths - Senior Level Leader
The Admin Team is as follows:
Finance Officer - Mrs Colleen Johnson
Admin officer - Mrs Kerry O'Connell
Maintenance - Richard Martin
Canteen & Library - Lynn Harris
*********please check I haven't missed anyone!!!!!!!!!***************
I hope you all have a terrific week and enjoy the Christmas concert on Thursday.
Yours in Christ,