Corn mini quiches
Equipment: 2 X 12 hole, round based patty pans, kitchen scissors, grater, metric cup measurements,large jug or bowl, 7cm round cutter, fork
3 sheets shortcrust pastry
¼ cup pure cream
3 spring onions
250g creamed corn
olive oil spray
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
What to do:
* Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C fan forced
* Remove the pastry from the freezer and allow it to partially thaw.
* Spray 2 X 12 hole, round based patty pans. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut 24 rounds from the pastry. Press into the prepared pans.
* Thinly slice the spring onions with the kitchen scissors and add to the jug. Add cream, salt, pepper and eggs to the jug and whisk well with a fork.
* Pour mixture into pastry cases.
* Grate the cheese and sprinkle on top of the quiches. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden and set.
Recipe by Kim Coverdale, Super Food ideas, April 2009, page 60
If your family has a go at baking corn mini quiches at home, send in a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon Tuesday 21 April (put corn mini quiches in the subject) to be included in the newsletter next week.