Supporting Learning at Home
We are thankful to our families who are able to support their children with learning at home. Your child's classroom teacher will be in regular contact with you, and your child, to engage in learning conference conversations that will support individual learning across key curriculum areas.
As well as these regular learning conversations with your child's classroom teacher, we encourage you to start and finish the day with a simple check-in. These check-ins can be a regular part of each day.
In the morning ask...
- What are you learning about today?
- Tell me about your learning goals/What do you want to achieve?
- How will you be spending your time/What do you need to do?
- What resources do you need/What will you need to use?
- What support/help do you need?
In the afternoon ask...
- What did you learn/achieve today?
- What was challenging/tricky for you?
- Tell me three things that went well today. Why were they good?
- Are you okay? Do you need to ask your teacher anything from today's learning? Do you need help with something to make tomorrow more successful?
These questions will allow your child to...
- Process instructions given by their teacher.
- Help them organise and understand themselves as a learner.
- Record the questions that they have about their learning/celebrations of their learning ready to be referred to during the next conference call with their classroom teacher.
Depending on your child's needs, you may also choose to check-in with your child more often throughout the day.