Starting Secondary School in 2021
Information regarding year 7/8 Enrolments was sent home on Monday 4/5 to all year 7 families. A new online registration of interest form is available for parents to complete. The form can be accessed from a computer, tablet or mobile phone. An email will be sent from me on Monday 4/5 to your email address that is on our school records. This email will include a unique URL specifically for your child in order for you to be able to complete the high school form online. If you do not have access to the internet please contact me at school. Please complete the online form no later than Friday 22/5 Term 2, Week 4.
- Please read the “Starting Secondary School” brochure carefully. Students applying for enrolment in out of zone schools will need to pay particular attention to page 5-Non-local school (out-of-zone)
- Change Of Address-proof of residence must be provided-See page 8 .
If you have any queries about the process, please see me at the Front Office.
Lee Clements, Front Office
Wirreanda Year 7 Pilot Project Registration For 2021
If you wish to register interest for your child to attend in Year 7 next year, please refer to the information in this link. Registrations close on 22/5/2020.
Keys were found on the oval. If you have lost keys please see Lee Clements, Front Office.
Applying For School Card
All types of School Card applications are now available online. You can access the online forms from any device that has access to internet.
To apply online follow the steps below:
- Visit www.sa.gov.au/education/schoolcard
- Select the type of School Card you would like to apply for (eg Type A) and follow the prompts
- Complete all mandatory fields
- Once you have completed a page click on the 'NEXT' button
- Once you have filled out all pages click the 'SUBMIT' button.
Flyer attached for further information.
CommBank School Banking
The health, safety and wellbeing of our communities and our people remains our highest priority. Due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, the School Banking program will remain on hold. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed with any updates including how we will be managing Dollarmite tokens for students.
In the meantime, here are some handy online resources for parents who wish to maintain momentum with their child’s financial education:
- Start Smart: these resources have been created to improve children’s money management skills, and aligned to the Australian Curriculum and the National Consumer Financial Literacy Framework.
- The Beanstalk: offers videos and fun activities for children to learn about money.
Early Arrival at School
Students are not to arrive at school before 8:20am as the gates do not open until 8:30am and staff are not on duty to supervise until this time.
A number of students have been at school unsupervised before 8:00am. This is a potential safety issue. OSHC is available before school, please contact Jacky on 0437198833 to arrange care for your child/children.
Sally Slattery, Principal