NEW - 2021 Enrolments Now Open
NEW - Volunteer Opportunity
A call out for a volunteer who may be able to install new soap dispensers within the school. Please contact the school office on (03) 5824 1841. The help of the installation would be greatly appreciated.
NEW - NCCD Information Sheet for Parents, Carers and Guardians
Please find attached below the National Consistent Collection of Data (NCCD) information sheet.
NEW - Guide for Parents when talking to Children about COVID-19
Please find below a guide which may assist parents and caregivers in discussing the current challenges of COVID-19 with children.
Children thrive off of knowledge, communication and routine. So it is important that during these times we keep open the lines of communication with them. The news of COVID-19 is unavoidable, it is everywhere. It can be hard to know when, how or even if you should bring it up with your child.
So here are some helpful hints to ease the stress of having that conversation
- Start by asking them some open-ended questions. This gives you a chance to find out what they already know and a platform for the conversation to begin.
- Be honest with them, if you are unsure then don’t be afraid let them know that. Be aware to use child friendly language.
- Don’t avoid their concerns. Listen to them and supply them with the facts that you know. This will already be reassuring them.
- Be honest about the fact that not all information they see and hear is accurate. Let your child know if they see or hear something that concerns them, that they can seek clarification from you.
- EMPOWER THEM. Explain that everyone can protect themselves and their families by doing the right things. That doing things like staying home, washing hands and physical distancing, they are having a big impact on the safety of themselves and others.
Remember to keep talking to each other and Sacred Heart are here to support you if you need, just ask.
This isn’t ours forever.
NEW - Online Safety Tips For Kids
NEW - Smiling Mind App
Smiling minds is a meditation app that all families can do together at a suitable time of day that will allow themselves to centre and re-set. The calming exercise may even become apart of the household daily routine.
The app can be downloaded from the app store or you can visit the smiling mind website:
NEW - School Garden
The school vegetable garden is still growing and being maintained with lots of produce awaiting for the students when they get back. Special thanks to staff who have attended to the garden over the school holidays.
School Lunches - On Hold
Tatura Hot Bread Bakery will be providing the School lunch orders for two days a week. Lunch orders will be available Thursdays and Fridays. Please find below the updated 2020 price list.
NEW - School Banking - Cancelled until further notice
Message from the Commonwealth Bank
The health, safety and wellbeing of our communities and our people remains our highest priority. Due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding coronavirus, the School Banking program will remain on hold. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed with any updates including how we will be managing Dollarmite tokens for students.
In the meantime, here are some handy online resources for parents who wish to maintain momentum with their child’s financial education: