What a great start to 2021 we have had! We have really enjoyed spending the last week getting to know our students and it is lovely to see our families back onsite. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome our new Preps and their families to Point Cook College and thank them for their support of our Prep transition program. It has been a great opportunity for us to get to know our preps and supporting them as they familiarise themselves with school life. We have been so impressed with how well all of our students are settling into the school year. We look forward to a wonderful 2021 in P-2!
Just a friendly reminder that hats are required for outside play and outside learning during term 1 and 4. We have a large number of students who are not coming to school with hats. Please ensure you provide a hat labelled with your child’s name and homeroom each day.
At Point Cook College all students from Prep to Year 6 require an art smock or old shirt to wear over their uniform during messy activities. All Prep to 6 students need to have an art smock or old shirt organised by their family. Thank you to the families who have already organised this for their children. Please note the following information when organising your child's art smock:
- Smocks can be purchased from shops such as Kmart, Aldi, Target, Best and Less, etc.
- Smocks can be an old adult size shirt or t-shirt with sleeves
- An Art Smock needs to be a larger size than your child usually wears, so that it fits comfortably over their uniform
- Plastic smocks don’t let anything through however unfortunately they do tear and break very easily and are very hot to wear
- Aprons are not acceptable, as they leave the children’s sleeves and backs exposed
- The best smocks cover your children to the knees
- Please label your child’s smock clearly with their name
Thank you to all the families who have purchased a book pack or provided the requested supplies for their children.
We still have a number of students who do not have supplies at school. If you have not provided stationary for your child please obtain a list from the office, this will explain everything your child requires for the year. It is important that our students have everything they need to be ready to learn. Thank you for your support.
For those of you who would like to buy a book box for your child, there are some suitable ones available online. Click here.