Our official DSC Facebook page
Celebrating our 50th Anniversary
Our 50th Anniversary Celebration is this Sunday, 24 March from 1.00pm at the College's David Perry Hall. This is a community event and will be an opportunity to see some familiar faces and to see the College's history come alive. There will be live entertainment from past and present student bands, food and beverages stalls and historical photo displays. This is a community event and everyone is welcome. If you're interested in attending, please register your interest by clicking on the link below.
Student Led Conferences
In the coming weeks, your child will be preparing for their upcoming student-led conferences (SLCs). Your child has been collecting information about their learning and preparing to present to you these efforts and achievements. The purpose of these conferences is for your child to lead the conversations. There will be no classes at school on Tuesday, 2 April, students from year 7 to 12 are expected to attend conferences with their parents.
You can expect the following things to happen during your child’s conference:
- Your child will start the conversation with the subject teacher.
- Your child will discuss their successes and challenges with the subject teacher. They should have a printed version of the ‘Student Learning Goals Summary’
- The teacher will provide some feedback or strategies to help assist their learning.
- Your child will record these comments.
- Post the conferences it would be good to help your child complete the post-reflection questions, sign this and ensure it is given to the Discovery teacher.
You can book appointments for Tuesday, 1 April, from 12.00 - 8.00pm.
Families are encouraged to book appointments via Compass. It is recommended that you do this with your child, so they are aware of the schedule. Once all bookings have been made, please provide the schedule to your child. Bookings open on March 22nd and close on April 1st.
How can I support this process?
- Review your child’s ‘Student Learning Goals Summary’
- Look at grades and comments on flagged Compass Learning Tasks
- Ask questions of your child if you do not understand something.
- Let your child discuss their improvement strategies with you. Encourage them to reach their goals.
- After your child has led you through the conference, the teacher will answer any questions you might have.
Do you need an interpreter?
You can book interpreters when you make teacher bookings on Compass.
Thank you for all the cooperation in this matter, and we look forward to seeing families in April.
Sustainable School Shop - Secondhand Uniforms
More than 200 families at the school per year use the Sustainable School Shop service for buying and selling second-hand uniforms, items that are listed for sale to sell. More items for sale are needed as there are far more buyers than there are sellers. If you have items you no longer need please list them for sale.
The items you list for sale will appear in the secondhand uniform Stocktake Report that is regularly sent to families. Given it is the beginning of the school year, this is a busy uniform trading time.