The Parents and Friends Committee are a group of Volunteer Parents who work together to organise
- Social, (Parent nights, Disco Bingo)
- Fundraising, (Okka Pies, Vision Portraits)
- Community, (Twilight Picnic, Fete)
- And Student events (food days, icy pole days, Mothers and Father’s Day Stall)
Being on the Parents and Friends Committee gives parents an opportunity to get involved, get to know other Parents and work closely with Staff at the School.
We have a variety of roles within the Committee that enable parents to base their contributions based on their time and skills. The roles include:
- President / Liaison with Principals
- Secretary - takes minutes of meetings / read mail
- Treasurer / Liaison with School Office
- Co-ordinate major event – Fete
- Co-ordinate an event like cupcake day, sausage sizzle, pizza roll day, pie drive, vision portraits
- Help with collecting donations for major event
- Laminating and hanging up posters for events
- Sending emails to Class Ambassadors / Voluntheroes
- Setting up Silent Auction
- Helping with Mother’s Day and Father’s Day Stall Preparation
- General Member
In 2020 the contributions and events organised by the P and F was restricted due to COVID-19. However, we did run a pie drive, sell School Winter Beanies and do a Wine fundraiser (which is still in progress).
In 2121 we are still uncertain what role the P and F will be able to play in the School. But we are hopeful that there will be able to be some fun and social activities go ahead. To enable us to do this we will need parents to join our small team. At this stage we are not holding an Annual General Meeting but asking those interested parents to please fill in the attached electronic form with the following information:
- Your name
- The position you are nominating for – respond with ‘General’
- Nomination supported by – respond ‘Tracy Beckter’
We will then be in touch via email, with more information.
Being on the Parents and Friends Committee is one of the ways we as Parents get to have a say in making improvements and changes within our School.
Parents and Friends Nomination Form