Transition to School - Family Protocols
- All students returning to onsite learning are expected to attend school, if your child is kept home due to medical reasons you need to contact the school and be providing a medical certificate/letter .There will be NO home learning available from teachers once school resumes.
- Students in Years Prep, One and Two will start school on Tuesday May 26th.
- Students in Years Three, Four, Five and Six start school on Tuesday June 9th.
Students Entering School
- Students to be dropped off at the school gate.
- We will have two gates open:1).Big Gate (near playground) 2). Gate at Front Office.
- All students will enter classrooms as they arrive in the morning rather than lining up or playing outside to help with the staggered entry approach
- P-4 will still enter through the MPR side doors
- 5/6 will enter through the front office doors.
Students Exiting School
- The school will have staggered pick up times:
- P-2 3:10pm (including older siblings)
- 3-6 3:20pm
- Two gates will be open for exiting procedures
- P-2 (including siblings) - Big Gate
- 3-6 - Front Office Gate
- Markers/Tape will be placed on the footpath if needing to line up to pick up
- Students will line up on the basketball court (Big Gate) and front office area to assist with pick up.
- There will be staff at each gate to call your child to leave when you arrive.
- If your child usually walks to your car then the staff member at the gate will call your child when they see the car and students will cross the road safely using the school crossing.
Parents/Visitors needing to enter school
- If parents need to enter the school grounds they must contact the school first by email or telephone. We have been directed to minimise the number of adults entering the school in order to follow safe distancing measures.
- If you need to pick up your child early you need to contact the school and a staff member will walk your child to the front office gate.
- If your child arrives late to school a staff member will come out and greet your child at the front office gate.
Please call the school on: 9487 1001 if the gate is unattended and a staff member will come out to you.
- Visitors to school grounds are limited to those delivering or supporting essential school services and operations. There will be no parent volunteers until further notice.
- Uniform Shop will run by appointment only when necessary. A uniform order form will be sent home with every student and we encourage you to use this as Danni will be able to assist your child with sizing. If you do have to come in person there will be signage to ensure physical distancing.
- If not needing sizing, pre-order forms should be used and placed in the office tub
- Parents should be trying to pay fees online or via credit card over the phone.
- If they are needing to pay cash, an appointment should be made with Maria as to when to see her
- To avoid food handling issues, lunch orders will be postponed until further notice
- Students will not be able to drink directly from drinking fountains at this time. Instead they should bring their own water bottle for use (and refilling) at school.
Return of Technology
- All students who borrowed items from school MUST bring them back on their first day at school. If you borrowed a charger as well as a device, please make sure this is returned with the device. They will be cleaned at school.
The most important action school communities can take to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 is to ensure that any unwell children remain at home.