Book Week will be held in Week 5. The theme for this year is "Dreaming with eyes open". Children are encouraged to dress up as a character from a book that they would "dream" of being. Costumes don't need to be elaborate, "hand made" costumes are preferred. We prefer not to have super heroes. There will be a parade at 9am in the gym, parents are welcome to attend.
Premier's Reading Challenge
Well done to those students who have already completed and handed in their Premier's Reading Challenge sheets. The Challenge finishes on Friday 9 September (week 7) so all sheets must be returned to me by then. Contact me if you have any queries. Students in Rec - Year 2 have their sheets managed by their class teachers so there is no need for them to return a separate sheet.
Entertainment Book Fundraiser
Memberships give you thousands of 2-for-1 and up to 50% off offers from many of the most popular restaurants, attractions, activities, shopping, accommodation in your area and more. There are three kinds of Entertainment Memberships that you can buy: Single City, Multi City (for the whole of Australia, New Zealand and Bali), or a 2-year Multi City Membership. Single city membership is $69.99.
The school will receive 20% from your purchase of the Entertainment Book so get your Membership today.
Click on the link to order. https://www.entertainment.com.au/orderbooks/16190k7
CHECK: Covid measures still in place
As you are no doubt aware, there have been an increase of community cases of Covid. Though it is not mandatory, it is recommended that all students in years 3 to 6 continue to wear face masks when indoors to help reduce the spread of the virus. We have a number of staff with vulnerable family members and we would like to ask families to please continue to wear masks in the buildings. Thank you for your assistance in keeping everyone safe!
Here are the current recommendations from the Department for Education:
COVID safe measures
- All students and staff must stay home if unwell, even mildly. If students become unwell at school, we are unable to care for them here and we will be contacting you to collect them asap. Please have a plan in place for someone who can collect your child within a half hour.
- We will be maximising ventilation by leaving doors/windows open, using air conditioning and fans, and keeping doors and windows open. Please make sure your kids have a jumper - it might be cold in classrooms with the additional ventilation. We have had a number of students complaining about the cold, without a jumper in their bags.
- Adults will practise physical distancing where possible.
- We will continue to practise and promote hand and respiratory hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be provided for regular use, and disposable masks.
- Students are being asked to fill up their drink bottles from taps in preference to drinking directly from the taps, so please make sure they have a labelled bottle every day.
- We are still asking everyone to wear masks inside, to minimise the risk of infection.
- Face masks are strongly recommended for students in years 3 to 6. We will be expecting all students in the Year 3-6 classes to be wearing a mask.
- We have received a supply of smaller masks, and we encourage our younger students to wear masks. Children can bring their own masks from home as well.
- Teachers will be wearing masks, except when it impedes the ability to teach.
Can parents and carers come into the buildings?
- We have been asked to minimise the number of adults who come onto our site for the time being. Please send notes back to school with children rather than dropping them off yourselves, and contact us by phone or SeeSaw in preference to meeting in person.
- However, if you need to see us, yes you are welcome! You just need to ensure you wear a mask and practise physical distancing from other adults.
Pick up and drop off
- In the morning please continue to drop children off at one of the entrances to the school grounds, and allow them to make their own way to their classrooms. If you need to speak to your child’s teacher, please make contact through the SeeSaw app.
- We are now welcoming families to come into the yard at the end of the day. Note masks are no longer required when outdoors.
- Assemblies are now allowed to be held in person once again with COVID safe measures in place, once a fortnight on the Friday of every odd week at 2:30 unless informed otherwise.