Year 10 Formal
The Year 10 Formal is a wonderful opportunity for Year 10’s to celebrate the end of their Middle School years and another chance to bond before they enter Senior School.
Held on Monday 9th December, at the end of a 39 degree Melbourne Day, the students persevered with their suits and make up appointments regardless.
Thankfully, after a time having photographs in the beautiful surrounding gardens, they entered air conditioned comfort and found their table numbers waiting for the big reveal of the ball room.
Linley Estate have served us well over the years with a fairy-light-lit dance floor and tables dressed in twisted willow and more lights. The students looked gorgeous and immediately began enjoying the DJ and hit the dance floor. Some highlights were the awards portion, chosen and voted on by the students, bringing much cheer and laughter especially when Ms Yun accepted Mr Jamieson’s ‘Funniest Teacher’ award to the sound of students chanting her name. Many chose dancing the night away over eating, but those who indulged enjoyed a three course meal ending in sticky date and chocolate mousse.
The students behaved spectacularly and should be commended on how they conducted themselves on such an evening; it was as much a breath of fresh air as the cool change that came through upon their departure.
Mrs Jacqui Godfrey
MABO Moiddle School Coordinator
ACE Program: Year 9 Reflection
The Year 9 ACE class of 2019 have now completed 3 years in the program, and will move into an exciting year ahead in 2020, as they enter Year 10. They will all be studying a VCE subject next year, and many will be studying 2 VCE subjects.
The students recently completed a feedback survey and provided some very insightful reflection about their 3 years in the program…
Some snippets from their amazing feedback:
- Loved being in the ACE Program… most students gave it a 5-star rating.
- The willingness to learn, the relationships we've created with lifelong friends.
- The connection we've had with the types of teachers who relate with the kids and make learning fun!
- Being able to extend myself, having people to push my learning and like-minded people to work with.
- Being given opportunities to challenge myself, cool discussions in the class where everyone can contribute, being pushed academically.
- The teacher and student enthusiasm, the strong relationships with the teachers.
- Teachers have been thorough, knowledgeable and passionate. Teachers extend the study course to challenge our learning.
- Having class discussion and teacher instruction, and then being allowed to get on with the work at our own pace.
- The students want to learn, the teachers facilitate this learning, and the students create an effective learning environment.
- Strategies that involve communicating with others. Receiving and sending feedback as well as knowledge with other students, always builds my own knowledge and understanding on the subject.
- This class has been wonderful and I have really loved the challenges faced and the higher level of learning that I have gained. The friendships made have been so worthwhile and I'm going to miss it so very much. I'm forever grateful for all the work that you have put into these past three years for us Ms Niven. Thank you.
The students in this class have been amazing to work with! It has been a privilege to watch them grow and develop as individuals over the last 3 years, and to see their excitement as they move into Year 10 and begin their senior years of schooling.
ACE Program Coordinator