Dear Parents and Families,
It was wonderful to see everyone back at school on Friday morning happy to be here and ready for learning.
Back to school brings with it, the return to some of the previous restrictions put in place to keep us COVID-safe. At this stage they are in place until further notice;
- Excursions and incursions are not permitted.
- Playgrounds remain open for school use and can be made available to the community after hours
- Drinking fountains remain open
- School tours cannot be conducted
- Non–essential visitors are not permitted on school site
- No parents onsite (some exemptions apply)
- Non-essential meetings, and all school events, gatherings and assembles should be held remotely
- Bus services will continue as normal
- All staff students should undertake regular hand hygiene
- Hand sanitiser at entry points to the classroom
- Promote outdoor ventilation
- Sharing of food is not permitted
- Density limits of 1 person per 4 square metres
- Staff practice physical distancing 1.5 metres between themselves and other staff
- Strict hand hygiene when there is the sharing of equipment
- Unwell staff and students are to remain at home and get tested even with the mildest symptoms
Sadly, Mrs Kimmorley’s mother passed away this week. Our heart goes out to Filippa and her family at this extremely difficult time.
Our teachers are currently working hard at writing Semester 1 student reports. This is a great time of the year as we celebrate our student growth and learning and we look forward to sharing this with families when they are sent home on Wednesday 23rd June.
Next week, we welcome back Mr Thompson who has completed his time at Tatura PS. A special thank you to Mrs Hepworth who has filled in for him (She even worked her holiday around coming to Toolamba PS). Staff and students have been love having her here.
Please note that there is no school next Monday June 14th due to the Queen’s Birthday Holiday.
There will be no assembly next week due to the public holiday.
Enjoy the weekend,