Nossal Sport Stars
Winuk Rathnasinghe 0S7
Interviewed by Ms Pumphreys
What are your top 3 Sporting Achievements?
- Chosen to represent Victoria in the Youth Under 21s Mens Team at 2020 Senior Australian Championships
- Chosen to represent Victoria in the Under 19s Junior Teams at 2021 Junior/Senior Australian National Championships.
- Ranked Top 10 in Victoria for both Under 18s and Youth Mens at the end of 2020.
Which Teams you’ve played for?
- 2019 Victorian Junior State Team (Under 18s Boys)
- 2020 Victorian Senior State Team (Under 21 Youth Mens) [Nationals cancelled, teams still selected]
- 2021 Victorian Junior State Team (Under 19s Boys) [Nationals to commence December 11th]
What are your strengths of the Game :
- Forehand Attack
Who are your Top Coaches or Influences in Sport?
- Micheal Mastromonnaco. The head coach at Dandenong Table Tennis. He coached me to my first national championships in 2019 and have been a huge part of me becoming a better athlete.
Who are your Favourite Athletes and Why?
- Ma Long. He has continuously proven himself again and again even after heart breaking loses. He has also overcome major injuruies and continued to compete.
What are your Memorable Sporting Moment?
- Being selected to play at my first ever National Championships for Victoria for the Under 18s Team.
What are your Future Goals in Sport?
- To one day represent Australia on an international stage.
What is your Favourite Motivational Quote?
- “Those who say I can, and those who say I can’t, are both usually right” – Will Smith