Protect your paycheck with CTA-endorsed Disability insurance
Did you know:
- Most educators aren’t eligible for state disability coverage.
- More than 25% of today’s 20-year-olds will become disabled during their career.1
- Disability insurance pays you, where health insurance pays your doctor.
- Disability insurance replaces a portion of your daily income2 if you’re unable to work due to injury, illness (including mental health disorders and substance abuse), injury, pregnancy or childbirth.
Disability insurance pays a benefit directly to you to use for the things that health insurance doesn’t cover such as rent/mortgage, groceries, utilities, student loans, or even childcare. Are you financially prepared if you had to be out of work and not receive a paycheck?
Participating in a group Disability insurance plan is often one of the most cost-effective ways to protect your paycheck. As a CTA member, you may be eligible for the CTA Voluntary Disability insurance plan offered by Standard Insurance Company (The Standard).
Visit CTAMemberBenefits.org/Disability to learn about:
- CTA-endorsed Disability Insurance
- Student Loan Benefit3 and Cancer Benefit3
- How you can get CTA-endorsed Disability insurance
1 U.S. Social Security Administration, Facts. https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityfacts/facts.html.2 Daily income is based on your regular daily contract salary. Benefits will be reduced by deductible income. Examples of deductible income for Disability coverage: substitute differential pay, personal leave pay, severance pay, catastrophic/extraordinary leave bank, salary continuation, workers’ compensation, work earnings, social security, state disability, CalPERS/CalSTRS benefits.3 Student Loan Benefit and Cancer Benefit are offered by CTA to eligible members on approved Disability claims under the CTA- endorsed Disability Insurance plans who meet specific criteria. CTA provides these self-funded benefits, and The Standard acts only as the claims administrator of these benefits. Student Loan and Cancer Benefits are not provided under the Disability Insurance policy.
For pricing and further details of coverage such as any exclusions, limitations, reductions and benefit waiting periods, as well as the terms under which the policy may be continued in force, contact The Standard’s dedicated CTA Customer Service Department at
, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Standard Insurance Company, 1100 SW Sixth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204 GP 190-LTD/S399/CTA.1
Protection for Your Loved Ones, Peace of Mind For You
Life Insurance is a key part of any financial plan. CTA-endorsed Life Insurance from The Standard gives you assurance that your family will receive some financial assistance in the event of a death. But coverage under the CTA-endorsed Life policy does more than help protect your family from financial hardship after a loss. Insured participants have access to the Life Services Toolkit and Travel Assistance program, which offer additional services that can make a difference now and in the future.
CTA-endorsed Life Insurance Highlights
- Matching AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) benefits (up to $200,000).
- Life Services Toolkit – Online tools and services can help insured members create a will, make advance funeral plans and put finances in order. After a loss, beneficiaries can consult experts by phone or in person, and obtain other helpful information online.1
- Travel Assistance provides insured members and their families access to a comprehensive range of professional, 24-hour medical, legal and trip assistance information, as well as referral and coordination services. This worldwide assistance service is available to plan participants whenever they are traveling 100 miles or more from home or when traveling in a foreign country for trips up to 270 days.2
Learn more and watch a short video at CTAMemberBenefits.org/TheStandard.
1 The Life Services Toolkit is provided through an arrangement with Morneau Shepell and is not affiliated with The Standard. Morneau Shepell is solely responsible for providing and administering the included service. This service is not an insurance product. The Life Services Toolkit is not available to Life insurance beneficiaries who are minors or non-individual entities such as trusts, estates or charities.2 Travel Assistance is provided through an arrangement with Assist America, Inc. and is not affiliated with The Standard. Travel Assistance is subject to the terms and conditions, including exclusions and limitations of the Travel Assistance Program Description. Assist America, Inc. is solely responsible for providing and administering the included service. Travel Assistance is not an insurance product. This service is only available while insured under The Standard’s group policy. Spouses and children traveling on business for their employers are not eligible to access these services during those trips.
For costs and further details of the coverage provided by Standard Insurance Company, including the exclusions, any reductions, benefit waiting periods or limitations and terms under which the policies may be continued in force, call The Standard’s dedicated CTA Customer Service department at 800.522.0406(TTY), 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Pacific Time, Monday-Friday. Standard Insurance Company, 1100 SW Sixth Avenue, Portland, OR 97204 GP190-LIFE/S399/CTA.3