Term two is well on its way and we would like to remind students and parents that the winter uniform is now required to be worn by all students. If you would like further information on the College uniform, please refer to our website. If students are out of uniform for a specific reason, they must bring a note from home and they will be issued a uniform pass.
We have begun the term by celebrating the success of many of our Year 7 students at our assembly.
Many students received awards for their participation in the Manga High mathematics challenge, while other students were recognised by their peers and college staff members for a RADAR (Respect and Diversity at Ringwood) award.
Congratulations to all students involved!
There are a number of important dates coming up for our Year 7 students:
- NAPLAN will continue on Monday the 20th of May (Language Conventions Test) and Tuesday the 21st of May (Numeracy Test). Students are required to bring a charged iPad and headphones.
- The Junior School Team have organised for Brainstorm Productions to run a cyber safety workshop called ‘Verbal Combat’ for students during period 5 on Wednesday the 29th of May.
- Keep an eye out on Compass for further details on the upcoming Year 7 Trivia afternoon, which will be held on the last day of term as a celebration.
There are also a number of important dates coming up for our Year 8 students:
- The Year 8 Wellbeing day will run in Week 5, focusing on building healthy relationships. The excursion involves guest presenters looking at relationships from different perspectives and students participating in discussions, activities and reflection. They day includes a physical element to highlight the benefits of exercise on mood and wellbeing. Student will take part in a Boot Camp run by a professional trainer so appropriate clothes and footwear should be worn. Staff and students will travel from Ringwood Secondary College to EV’s Youth Centre in Croydon. 8A,B,C & D will go on Tuesday the 21st of May, 8E,F,G & H will go on Thursday the 23rd of May and 8I,J & K will go on Friday the 24th of May. Please check the Compass event for further details and please ensure your child has a topped-up myki card prior to the day.
- An Elevate study skills session will also be held at school during period 2 on Wednesday the 22nd of May. The workshop is focused on Time Management and will help show students how to work effectively and manage their time.
Students are entering a very busy time with upcoming assessment as we near the end of Semester One. We encourage students and parents to ensure they are checking Compass for key pieces of information and ensuring all work is submitted in a timely fashion. The Junior School Team run Friday lunchtime catch up sessions for students with overdue assessment tasks, if your child is scheduled for one of these, please encourage them to attend and complete their overdue assessment tasks.
Ringwood Secondary College
Junior House Coordinator | Science Teacher