A Message from the Level Crossing Removal Project
Dear Resident or Business Owner,
Clyde Road, Berwick – Works in your area this May
The Victorian Government is removing 17 dangerous level crossings, including the one at Clyde Road as part of a $16 billion investment to upgrade the Pakenham line that will improve safety, reduce congestion and allow more trains to run more often.
Major works are underway to build the new Clyde Road underpass and improve local connections.
Throughout May we’ll:
- continue to relocate underground services including telecommunications, power and gas
- continue piling to create the foundations for the road underpass
- continue installing storm water drainage along Clyde Road
- undertake demolition of an existing building on the corner of Clyde Road and Jane Street.
What to expect
- pedestrian and cyclist detours to help you move safely through the area
- large machinery onsite and heavy vehicle activity
- moderate construction noise, dust and vibrations
- lane closures, reduced speed limits and traffic management along Clyde Road, Berwick Station and local roads.
Some out of hours works may be required throughout May. We’ll notify impacted residents ahead of night works and minimise impacts where possible.
Pedestrian access will be closed between the Princes Freeway and Enterprise Avenue on the western side of Clyde Road until late-2021. Detour via the eastern side of Clyde Road. See map overleaf or visit our website disruptions page levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/disruptions for more information.
Car parking changes
- To allow works to progress on the new Berwick Station bus interchange at Berwick Station, there will be changes to car parking in the area. Up to 170 car spaces in Berwick Station car park will be closed until mid 2021. Additional car spaces are available at Beaconsfield Station.
- The Pick Up and Drop Off zone and taxi bay will be closed on the northern side of Berwick Station until 2022. Accessible car spaces remain open.
- Some public car spaces will be closed on Clyde Road near the Berwick Skate Park until late 2021.
Pedestrian detour map
- Sign up for email updates at levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/contact/subscribe
- View our website disruptions page levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/disruptions
- Text CLYDE to 0429 218 131 for SMS alerts on traffic and construction impacts
- Visit our social media pages @levelcrossings
- Read more about how we manage and minimise vegetation removal at removal-fact-sheet
- Contact our 24/7 call centre on 1800 105 105 or email@example.com.
Health and safety
The health and safety of our workers and the community remains our key priority as we undertake level crossing removal works. We continue to follow the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) as we safely complete works on this project.
Clyde Road Level Crossing Removal Project