Welcome back to all our families to Semester 2
Tips for Year 12 - taking a balanced approach leading up to the HSC Trial Exams
Some ideas parents may wish to discuss with their child:
- Saying ‘no’ to social outings in the lead up to exams
- Switching off the phone when studying
- Studying at times during the day when energy levels are the highest
- Take a short break for every hour of study
- Maintaining a healthy sleep pattern
- Exercising once a day - a short walk to maintain focus and energy levels
- Healthy diet - balanced and nutritious food, keep the fast food intake to minimum levels
- Ask for help - from teachers, school counsellors or the Pastoral Care Team
A reminder to parents and guardians to contact the College for student absences on 6761 0800 or email: email@example.com .For planned absences over 10 days, parents are to contact the College where a form will be required to be completed before the leave commences.
Students are still wearing their winter uniform. The main update to the winter uniform has been for girls wearing navy tights with skirts. Leaders of Student Care are currently contacting families if students are not complying with uniform requirements.
On the SchoolTV Link there is an 8 minute presentation video from Dr Michael Carr-Gregg, well renowned Australian Child Psychologist. Please take the time to view the material. You may find other useful resources on this site as well.
Pastoral Care Team
Each year group has a Leader of Student Care. The best way to contact a Leader of Student Care is through the College Office email firstname.lastname@example.org or by direct email to the relevant year leader.
Year 7 - Mrs Fiona O'Neill email@example.com
Year 8 - Mr Damian Kenniff firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 9 - Mrs Melissa Bearup email@example.com
Year 10 - Mr Bernie Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 11 - Mr Andrew Davy email@example.com
Year 12 - Mrs Melissa Lees firstname.lastname@example.org
College Psychologists email@example.com
Mrs Sharon Stuart - Leader of Student Wellbeing