Roll up! Roll up! Are you interested in coming to our Trivia Night Fundraiser?
Ormond Primary School’s last fund raiser of the year is our Trivia Night. We would love to see you take part in the fun, and help the school raise much needed funds at the same time. Some new parents have asked for some more information about what’s involved, so here goes:
- The event is being held on the evening of Saturday 17th August
- Ticket prices for Trivia Night are only $25 per person!!
- Usually we have ten people per table. However, if you can’t find enough people to make a group of ten just let us know and we will help you link up with other interested parents
- You BYO your own drinks, food and crockery (cups, plates etc) – this helps to keep costs down
- The event takes place in the school hall, with doors opening at 7pm and the action starting at 7:30pm
- Each year we have a dress up theme for the event. This year the theme is “All good things come to an end”. Each table can come up with a sub theme of how they want to interpret the theme, for example coming as a pop band that has broken up. You can dress up and decorate your table to match your sub theme. Come prepared with a 20-30 second skit of what your table is about. The hall will be open for 1 hour between 2-3pm for decorating the tables. Just a reminder for no naked flame candles and there's a preference for no glass beyond beer bottles.
- Please note, this is strictly a child free evening
- There are heaps of great prizes and competitions on the night to help raise much needed funds for the school. There will be silent auctions, normal auctions, a trivia winner prize and a best dressed table prize. The items for auction include fantastic items such as weekends away.
- Bring lots of cash and coins (you might want to buy an answer or two! Cheating for cash is actively encouraged!)
- Towards the end of the night there is a disco where people can really let their hair down
- The day after Trivia Night we request that two people from each table come to help with clean up the hall / kitchen / bathrooms ready for school the next day. Doors open at 10am.
- Looking for a way to contribute to the Ormond Trivia Night fundraising effort? Donations of bottles of wine are now being accepted for the wine hamper to be raffled on the night. Donation points are Year5A class room (first portable closest to the hall) at school pick-up and drop-off times or the Front Office
If you are interested in this fun event, there are still 3 tables available! The booking link will remain open until the 14th August.
If you would like help putting together a table but don’t have enough people so far, please contact us at email@example.com
Father's Day Breakfast SAVE THE DATE
Tuesday 3rd September 7:30am to 8:45am - OPS Hall
Kids come celebrate Father’s Day at school with their Dads or other special male friend. Everyone’s favourite Pancakes will be on the menu again!
More information about the time slots and bookings in the next newsletter.
We are pleased to announce that the school Walkathon raised $10,418! This is an amazing effort, and we would like to thank all the parents, family and friends for their generous contributions. A significant portion of the funds raised will be used to help provide better resources in the school library and board games, with the remainder of the money going towards the school's Building Fund. Thanks again to Year 1 Parents and Friend's volunteers for assisting with this popular event.
We're always contactable!!
Do you have a question, suggestion, offer of help? There is no need to wait for an invitation to contribute, as you can always contact P&F via our central email address. Simply write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Events & Adverts
Disclaimer: Community Events & Adverts that appear in this newsletter are paid advertisements or are deemed a Community announcement. Ormond Primary School is not affiliated with these organisations.