A key message that we will be embracing in our school community this year, is that “It’s Not OK to be Away”.
The ‘fallout’ of reduced attendances can have lifelong consequences.
- Social isolation
- Will have gaps in their learning of knowledge and basic concepts
- May feel insecure in the school environment
- Be the victims of bullying and harassment.
When you consider all the above, we need to work in partnership with each other to ensure our students enjoy school success.
Some Benefits of Regular School Attendance
- The development of skills and attitudes such as self-discipline, punctuality, and being organised.
- Regular attendance leads to making friends and learning how to maintain relationships over a length of time
- Regular attendance leads to learning social skills necessary to live and work with others
- The more students attend, the more they will learn and the more they will like school.
International Women's Day
International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the historical, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also is a day of action in support of taking action against gender inequality around the world. An equal world is an enabled world.
Individually, we're all responsible for our own thoughts and actions - all day, every day.
We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women's achievements.
Collectively, each one of us can help create a gender equal world.
Let's all be #EachforEqual.