From Christian's desk....
Counting the days
This week our Preps celebrated 100 days of schooling. Whilst this achievement hasn’t been conventional it is none the less worthy of celebrating (please see Amy Prior’s Assistant Principal page for more).
This week staff member, Lorene Galland and I were discussing the number of days our community has completed Remote Learning. Today marks the 53rd day of Remote Learning for Prep and Junior students and the 62nd day for our Middle and Senior students.
For our school community it is significant to acknowledge this as a considerable achievement. It is an achievement that has drawn upon the character strengths of resilience, perseverance, teamwork, perspective and, at times, humour!
Well done everyone!
If you’re not counting the days I’ll remind you: it’s 11 school days until our classrooms, corridors and playgrounds are (hopefully) filled with the sound of laughter and children’s voices once again!
Onsite Attendance for Remote Learning 31 August – 4 September
Please use the link below to notify us of your child/ren’s onsite attendance next week, 31 August – 4 September 2020:
The Victorian Government has stated that all students who can learn from home must learn from home.
On-site supervision will be available for students in the following categories, based on revised criteria:
- children whose parents are permitted workers and for whom no other arrangements can be made
- to vulnerable children including:
- children in out-of-home care
- children deemed by Child Protection and/or Family Services to be at risk of harm
- children identified by the school (Carol Wyatt, Assistant Principal – Wellbeing) as vulnerable (including via referral from a family violence agency, homelessness or youth justice service or mental health or other health service).
- children with a disability where the family is experiencing severe stress.
By submitting this form, you declare that your child is well and you will collect your child as soon as is practicable upon the request of the school if your child becomes unwell.
Please consider your child's onsite attendance accepted after you have completed the form. For any:
- alterations please contact Jennifer.Culshaw@education.vic.gov.au
- discussion around addition student needs including an identification as vulnerable please contact Carol Wyatt email@example.com
- Out of School Hours Care bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9724 4514.
Christian Holdsworth - Principal