Year 10 Graduation Information
It is nearly time to celebrate the achievements of our Year 10 Class of 2019 and the end of their time at Merbein P-10 College at our Graduation Ceremony. This year’s event will be held at Club Da Vinci on Friday 6th December from 6.00pm to approximately 10.00pm. Below are the key details for this year’s event:
- Tickets are $35.00 per person
- All attendees - including students - must purchase a ticket
- Tickets are available for purchase now from the school's main office.
- In addition to their own ticket, each student is allocated 2 guest tickets to allow parents or carers to attend
- In the case of blended or step families, allowances can be made for all parents to attend. Please contact the College office to discuss
- If a student is not able to have two parents present and wishes to invite a family member other than a parent or carer to use the other ticket, they can complete an application form available from the Year 8-10 Learning Centre Office
- Tickets include finger food
- This is an alcohol-free event. Soft drinks will be available on the night at bar prices
- Bookings must be finalised by Friday 23 November
- Bookings can be made by phone or in person at the College office
- Payment for tickets is due by Friday 30 November
- The Graduation Ceremony is a semi-formal event
- Students attend Graduation as individuals and are not required to have a ‘partner’ for the evening
- If students are unsure about their eligibility to attend, they should see Mr. Blackie as soon as possible. A reminder of the minimum standards students must meet to receive an invitation to the Graduation is included below. We look forward to welcoming students and families to this great event. If you have any questions or concerns please email Chris Blackie at : email@example.com .
Student Minimum Standards Required to attend the Graduation.
• Students must achieve a Satisfactory result in at least 12 of their 16 subjects.
• Students must complete two weeks’ Work Experience.
• Students must complete all Assessment Tasks to a satisfactory standard.
• Students must complete at least 80% of homework sheets in Mathematics.
• Students must actively participate in at least 80% of practical sessions in Health & Physical Education.
• Students must consistently submit work on time
• Minimum attendance of 85% (recorded per session not per day). Attendance data is available on Compass Attendance.
• Consistently high standard of behaviour required.
• Consistent, year-round wearing of College Uniform.
Congratulations Shakeira Faux. Photo from the Sunraysia Daily
School Wide Positive Behaviour (SWPB)
The expected behaviours for Year 7-10 students.
Doctors in Schools Unavailable
The doctor that was attending for our Doctors in Schools program is now unavailable to come to our school. Unfortunately this means that we do not have a doctor in the school so students are unable to make appointments at this stage. Our local Primary Health Network is working to find us a new doctor for this important program. Students and families will be informed via the newsletter and Compass when we have a new doctor and students are able to make appointments again.