Come and Join us
Afternoon Tea - Concord Community Connections
We will be having our very first Concord Community Connections afternoon tea on Tuesday 13th March at 1.30pm in the Bundoora Staff Room. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet other parents and carers in the school community while enjoying a cup of tea and biscuit! All parents and carers are welcome – please come and join us!
Parent/Carer Volunteer Induction Sessions
We will be holding 2 Parent/Carer Volunteer Induction Sessions in March.
- Monday 19th March – evening session to be held at Bundoora Campus (Discovery Centre) at 5pm.
- Tuesday 20th March – morning session to be held at Watsonia Campus (Multi-Purpose Room) at 9.15am.
Anyone wishing to volunteer at our school will be required to attend one of these sessions. Due to the OH&S aspect needing to be completed yearly, if you have attended a session last year, you will be required to stay for the initial part of the session only.
Student Support Group Meetings
Student Support Group (SSG) meetings will be held on Wednesday 28th March between 3:00pm and 7:00pm. On Monday 26th March, parents/carers will receive a copy of their child’s Student Learning Plan (SLP) which will outline their semester one learning goals. The SSG meeting is an opportunity to discuss these goals.
SSG meeting bookings will open on Monday 19th March through Compass. Please login to your Compass Parent Portal to make a booking.
Community and Communications Manager
Listeria outbreak linked to rockmelon (cantaloupe)
- There has been a national outbreak of listeriosis linked to the consumption of rockmelon (cantaloupe) from New South Wales, leading to a trade-level recall on Thursday 1 March, 2018.
- Listeriosis is an illness caused by eating food contaminated by Listeria monocytogenes. Although uncommon, listeriosis is very dangerous to those most at risk, particularly pregnant women and immune-compromised people.
- Victorians are urged to dispose of any rockmelon if purchased between the start of January and 1 March, because it is difficult for consumers to determine the origin of purchased rockmelon.
- People who have consumed rockmelon purchased during this time should look out for the symptoms of listeriosis, which usually take two to three weeks to develop, and potentially up to 70 days in pregnancy. Listeriosis presents with flu-like symptoms of fever, chills, muscle aches, nausea and sometimes diarrhoea.
- Further Information:
- Better Health Channel - Listeria food poisoning, Food Safety Unit at the Department of Health and Human Services on 1300 364 352.
Concord School Immunisation in 2018
Immunisation consent forms have been sent home with students this week:
-Influenza Vaccination – offered to all students at Concord School
(to be administered on Thurs 3 May’18)
-Meningococcal ACWY vaccine - offered to all Year 10 students
(to be administered on Wed 28 Nov ’18)
It is important that all consent forms be returned to school, regardless of consent being given, as soon as possible.
Information about the immunisation program for secondary schools can be accessed at:
Please contact the Banyule City Council Health Services on 9457 9964 if you have any queries about immunisation.
Keep Well and Stay Safe
Rosemary Van Aperen
Concord School Nurse