VAPS has opportunities in paid positions to contribute to the organisation. We also have opportunities to pay people to facilitate a group of students at events. Facilitators should either have completed the VAPS Level 1 training or have experience in facilitating philosophical communities of inquiry. Philosophy students and pre-service teachers are especially encouraged to register interest for a pathyway through VAPS Level 1 training and into facilitating at events.
VAPS pays people in line with the hourly CRT rate for Victorian teachers, which is currently $68.12 per hour. The following opportunities are available:
- PIPS Event Organiser: 10 Hours per event, $681
- Resource Development for PIPS Event: Up to 6 Hours per event, $409
- PIPS Camp Staff: Up to 8 hours per day for the 3 day camp, $1634
VAPS has also applied for grant money to continue to build our philosophy in schools programs. If successful, from 2024 onwards we are hoping to offer the following:
- VAPS philosophy in schools incursions (new initiative), up to 200 sessions at $100 per hour, $20,000
- Advertising & Marketing: Up to 40 Hours, $2725
Please contact email@example.com to express interest.