Drop off and Pick -Ups Times
The Bank Street Gate (Park Street will not be available) will open at 8.35am and all students will go directly to their classrooms.
We respectfully request that parents remain outside the school grounds in the mornings. This is due to current COVID -19 protocols, where any adult onsite for more than 15 mins must sign in for contact tracing purposes.
If you need to speak to someone, we encourage you to call the office so we can arrange an appointment time or email/Dojo you child's teacher.
Please be reminded of our current times that students are to be picked up at the end of the school day.
· All students 3.15pm - 3.20pm
· All other students riding or walking independently - 3.25pm
It is impossible for school staff to monitor this, so we are totally reliant on our parent’s cooperation.
Our reasons for the staggered times are
· to assist with parking turnover
· to be compliant with COVID-19 restrictions that aim to reduce the congregation of adults around the school and reduce congestion
· to ensure all our parents and students can leave the school safely
Galilee Wet Weather Student Collection
In the event of wet weather at the end of a school day, the following procedures will be used to ensure a safe collection of students:
- Parents/Carers to collect students from their classrooms from 3:15-3:25pm
- All Parents/Carers to enter via the school office door
- All Parents/Carers to exit via the nearest side/external stairwell after collecting child/ren
- Parents/Carers with prams or limited mobility can request the office to ring for their child/ren
- Children attending GOSH, walking or riding home by themselves will be dismissed from their classroom at 3:25pm
Year Two information:
- Parents/Carers from 2R to exit via classroom external door
- Parents/Carers from 2E to enter and exit via the same door to the Library
- Parents/Carers from 2J to exit via the new external door
- Staff members will be supervising those entering the building and exiting via the front gate and in the corridors
- Parents/Carers are expected to move safely and efficiently, walking throughout the school
- Parents/Carers are only allowed on site for up to 15 minutes (COVID-19 restrictions) so collection is not an opportunity to converse with teachers, staff or other parents
- In the event of a wet weather collection, parents/carers will be notified when possible via DOJO by 3pm (unless it rains after 3pm)
- Specialist teachers will return children to their classrooms at 3:10pm prior to collection
- Please see below a map of the school for collection of children
We thank everyone for their flexibility and cooperation in ensuring that pick-up is safe and efficient for all in dealing with COVID-19 restrictions.
Student On-Site Protocols
- COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival: Students presenting any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, sneezing, temperature, runny nose will not be cleared for entry
- Masks: As per CEM directives, students will not be required to wear a mask, however, families may choose for their child to wear one.
- Social distancing: Parents, students and families must not congregate at the school gate before or after school. They must maintain 1.5 metres distance from other people when waiting for the school to open or close.
- COVID-19 symptoms throughout the day: Students who develop any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, sneezing, temperature, runny nose throughout the day will be immediately isolated with visual supervision. Parents will be contacted to collect their child immediately.
- Playground/shared equipment: As per CEM directives, students may use the playground and shared classroom equipment.
- Washing hands: Students are to wash hands thoroughly with soap, for 20 seconds, after sneezing, coughing, going to the bathroom and before and after eating.