Lateness to School
Being punctual (on time) is a mark of respect and shows that you are reliable. It means you also value other people’s time. Stress can also be eliminated by removing the anxiety of being late! It is unfortunate that lately a number of students are arriving at school late with no valid reason. If is often just due to a lack of organisation, perhaps going to bed late and therefore not being able to wake up on time.
We understand that there are genuine reasons why a student may be late to school (eg appointments, car issues, traffic), so we ask parents/guardians please contact the College as soon as possible to inform us and to ease our concerns when a child has not arrived.
Parent Committee - Dads Breakfast
The Parent Committee is organising a breakfast to celebrate dads and significant male figures (grandads, uncles). Please keep Friday 6 September free to come and enjoy a light breakfast and coffee in the Xanten Performing Arts Foyer (note the new venue) from 7:30-8:30am. Please RSVP as soon as possible by Friday 30 August by calling 9350 5433 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the names of those attending. The Committee will be finalising catering on Monday morning so there is still time to reply! There will also be a prize for the best ‘clean’ dad joke so be prepared.
Ms S Rainford (Deputy Principal - Years 7,9,11)
Important Dates for Year 12 students and families
- Closing date for TISC/University Applications: 30 September
- Year 12 College Exams (Oral): 24 September – 27 September
- Year 12 College Exams (Written): 1 October – 9 October
- Year 12 Exam Review (ATAR students only): 15 October – 17 October
- House Assemblies and Graduation Rehearsals (all Year 12 students to attend): 18 October
- ATAR Revision Seminars: 21 – 24 October
- Year 12 Breakfast, Final Assembly and Graduation Mass: 25 October
- ATAR Examinations: 30 October – 18 November
- WACE and ATAR results available: 19 December
Mr P Hawke (Deputy Principal - Years 8,10,12)