A number of policies were approved or noted at the School Council meeting held on Monday 8th August:
- Aboriginal Learning, Wellbeing & Safety Plan
- Administration of Medication
- Critical Incident Plan
- First Aid
- Health Care Needs
- Child Safety
- Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Child Safety Responding & Reporting
- Child Safety Induction Pack – Volunteers
Policies are available from the school website: School Policies | Newham PS.
Applications for conveyance allowance for term 3 2022 close on Friday 26th August. If you are eligible and would like to submit an application, please do so by Thursday 25th August.
An application on behalf of a student may be submitted if the student is:
- a Victorian resident;
- school aged and enrolled (3) three or more days per week at a school; and
- attending a school/campus located outside the Melbourne metropolitan conveyance boundary
A student who meets the above requirements may be eligible if they:
- attend their nearest or designated neighbourhood government school/campus appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissible, or
- attend their nearest appropriate non-government school/campus appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissible, and
- reside 4.8km or more by the shortest practicable route from the campus attended
Note: Eligibility is assessed when the School completes your child’s application on the Student Conveyance Allowance System (SCAS). If approved, the allowance payable is based on the one-way distance to make the journey to and from school. No private car allowance is payable if the journey to and from school could be made using a public transport service or contract school bus. For further information regarding the Conveyance Allowance Program see: https://www2.education.vic.gov.au/pal/conveyance-allowance/policy?Redirect=1.
Application forms can be obtained from the school office or from the website above.