CSEF - Final Call

Please submit today.


​​The Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF) provides payments for eligible students to attend activities like:

  • school camps or trips
  • swimming and school-organised sport programs
  • outdoor education programs
  • excursions and incursions.

From 2020, the Victorian Government is investing an additional $160.9 million for the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund over the next four years. This has been bolstered further with an additional $28.6 million announced in the 2020-21 State Budget for the 2021 school year. This funding will help ensure more than 220,000 government and non-government students from lower-income families are able to participate in camps, sports and excursions each year.


VERY IMPORTANT.  Please submit your applications to CJC as soon as possible and no later than today - via email Caulfield.jr.co@education.vic.gov.au.  Please don't wait until the last day. (25th June) The system closes and if there is any issue with your application, it may not be resolved in time. There can absolutely be no late claims.


Who can apply

Families holding a valid means-tested concession card or temporary foster parents are eligible to apply. A Special Consideration category also exists. Schools can receive applications from families over term one and two.


Special consideration is given to:

  • Families on a bridging visa, temporary protection visa, are in community detention or are asylum seeker families
  • Students in out of home care
  • Students in statutory kinship care

Payment amounts


Payments amounts for 2021 are:

  • $125 per year for eligible primary school students

Payments are made directly to the school and are tied to the student.

  • from March onwards each year where the parent/carer’s concession card is assessed as valid on the first day of term 1; and
  • during term 2 where the parent/carer’s concession card is assessed as valid on the first day of term 2.

Applications can be received over term one and two. Payments are for the application year and cannot be claimed for previous years.


A parent/carer will only be required to submit an application form to the school in the following circumstances:

  • the parent/carer is applying for the CSEF payment for the first time – i.e. an application form was not lodged with the school in the previous year; or
  • circumstances have changed – e.g. there has been a change in the care arrangement of the student, a change of name or CRN, or a new sibling has commenced at the school and the parent/carer wishes to apply for the CSEF payment for the new sibling.


Further information here:






Application forms are available below or can be collected from our office.  They can be submitted at our office or emailed to the school.  caulfield.jr.co@education.vic.gov.au - Attention Trudy.


Application form:


Uniform help through the C​amps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF)

You will get help with school uniforms if your child is starting prep or year 7 and is eligible for CSEF. State Schools’ Relief will provide basic uniform items or a voucher if your student meets the criteria.​


How to ap​ply


Firstly, apply for CSEF, then...

  1. Contact the school your child is attending in to request a uniform pack.
  2. Uniform items and vouchers may be given directly to you, or to your school. The school will contact you to pass on the items.



If State Schools' Relief can't supply uniform items directly, you'll receive a voucher to go towards the cost of uniform items. The voucher can be used at your school's uniform shop or an independent uniform retailer.

If you receive a voucher you may need to contribute the difference in value between the voucher and the cost of the items. Expired vouchers cannot be redeemed.