Compass Career News
Here's a summary of the latest Career News with the full Careers Newsletters below.
Items in the 12 June 2020 Career News –
- Dates to Diarise in Term 3 (Year 12s)
- Upcoming Webinars at Box Hill Institute
- University of Melbourne: Meet Melbourne Webinar Recordings
- News from Swinburne University
- Studying Law at Swinburne
- Bachelor of Accounting and Business Information Technology (Professional)
- Career as an Anthropologist
- News from Monash University
- Destination Monash 2021 Hub
- New Politics, Philosophy, and Economics (PPE)/Arts double degree
- Resource Engineering Online Information Session
- Difference between Comprehensive and Specialist Courses
- Explore Psychology at Monash
- Australian Government Digital Apprenticeship Program 2021
- Snapshot of Monash University in 2020
- Banking and/or Finance Degrees in Victoria in 2020
Items in the 19 June 2020 Career News –
- Dates to Diarise in Term 3 (Year 12s)
- New Exercise and Sports Science/Nutrition Science at ACU
- Charles Sturt Advantage Early Offer Program Webinar
- STEM Hub
- A Diplomatic Career – Making a Difference
- Careers in Real Estate
- Snapshot of The University of Melbourne (UoM) in 2020
- Arts Degrees on offer in Victoria in 2020
- Teaching Degrees (Early Childhood) offered in Victoria in 2020
- Teaching Degrees – Primary offered in Victoria in 2020
- Teaching Degrees – Secondary offered in Victoria in 2020
RMIT Flight Training & Aviation Webinar – Tuesday 30 June, 6.00pm
This is the perfect session if you’re a secondary school student considering studying Flight Training or Aviation courses at RMIT. You’ll hear from RMIT staff and a current student on:
- Course options
- Industry Experience
- Global Opportunities
- Prerequisites and Pathways
- Clubs and societies
- Our graduates
You’ll also have the chance to ask questions and find out where Flight Training & Aviation at RMIT might take you. For more info & to register click here.
Richmond Institute of Sports Leadership Info Sessions – 23 June at 6.00pm OR 30 June at 12.00pm
The Richmond Institute are offering an insightful online live information session for potential students and families to gain insight into the Richmond Institute of Sports Leadership. The Diploma of Sport (Sport Development) / Diploma of Leadership and Management is our most popular course, with 83% completion rate over the past three years. In this 30 min info session key topics discussed will be: placement and employment opportunities, student experience, athletic development and university pathway. This live session via Zoom will also give students and families the opportunity to ask questions before submitting their application for 2021. For more information and to register go to: www.richmondinstitute.com.au/information-sessions/
Your Fed Future Webinars
Join Federation University for their webinar series to learn more about their campuses, discipline areas and programs. Upcoming webinars include:
- Study International Sport Management Online – 24 June, 6 – 6.30pm
- Secure your world in the future of information technology – 29 June, 5 – 5.45pm
And if you’re unable to attend the webinars, recordings can be found here.
The Ultimate US & UK Summit – 27 & 28 June
Crimson Education is bringing together former Admission Officers, expert strategists, educational advisors and admitted students for a comprehensive online US & UK uni event - and it's free! To find out more and to register your interest in attending go to: www.crimsoneducation.org/au/resources/summit/
2021 Monash Medicine Direct Entry updates
Monash recently launched a page on the faculty’s MD direct entry admissions website for updates to 2021 entry as a result of coronavirus. It is important that students applying to direct entry Medicine at Monash follow the advice on this page and revisit it regularly as it will house all updates going forward: https://www.monash.edu/medicine/som/direct-entry/2021-md-direct-entry-updates-domestic-students.
The Department of Treasury and Finance (DTF) 2020 Mentoring Women in Economics program
DTF’s Mentoring Women program is designed to connect young women in Years 11 and 12 or early university who are interested in economics with female economists from the Victorian Treasury. The program aims to address a lack of diversity in the field by presenting economics as an exciting career path for young women and showing them what a career in economics could look like. Students do not need to be studying economics to participate, and several of our past participants had no prior experience with economics before entering the program. More information about the program as well as student testimonials are available at: https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/careers/mentoring-women.
Applications are now open and interested applicants should send through a completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close midnight Friday 3 July 2020.
Discover What’s Next RMIT Webinar Series: running up to 30 July
A series of webinars providing students and parents with information on RMIT’s wide range of study areas. Students will have the opportunity to ask questions to RMIT staff and students about the courses they are interested in. Register for these events here.
ACU Talk with Industry Series
Join ACU for one of their Talk with Industry events, a series of webinar panel discussions featuring ACU graduates across a range of different professions. Get helpful advice and find out what it’s really like to work in your area of interest. Join one of the Talk with Industry webinars to hear from ACU graduates about their work experiences and get tips and advice for pursuing a career in your area of interest. Find out more and register at the following webinar links:
- Talk with Exercise Scientists and Physiotherapists – Monday 1 July at 6.00pm
- Talk with Arts Graduates online – Tuesday 18 August at 5.00pm
- Talk with Nurses, Midwives and Paramedics – Thursday 17 September at 5.00pm
- Talk with Teachers – Wednesday 30 September at 6.00pm
Discover Deakin Course Info sessions: running up to 30 July
The Discover Deakin course information sessions for future students are now being run as online webinars to allow students and parents to listen to course experts outline course and career paths and entry pathways, plus ask questions. Discover what it’s like to study at Deakin – meet future teachers, hear student stories and get all the info you need to choose the right course for you. More info about these course webinars and registrations here.
DESTINATION MONASH 2021 – Year 12 and Parent Info Hub
During these challenging and changing times, Monash University have developed Destination Monash 2021, a hub for Yr12 students and their parents to help navigate the opportunities at Monash next year. Each Faculty section includes important information about the courses including the 2021 course guides and the opportunity for students to make an online enquiry or book a one-on-one appointment with course adviser. The hub also includes an Events calendar, a link to the Monash Alumni Gallery and information for parents including an updated Parents Guide. Students can register their details to receive relevant information about the courses they are most interested in and any relevant upcoming activities during this time.