Welcome to the new year
There is always a tinge of excitement and possibly some apprehension as the new school year begins.
This year we welcome 220 new students for the very first time. I wish them an enjoyable and rewarding association with our College.
I also especially welcome the following new members of staff joining our community:
- Mrs Kalo Bell, Assistant Deputy Principal Year 8
- Ms Sheleen Davis, Psychologist
- Miss Kirralee Dawson, English
- Mr Robert Di Giallonardo, Years 8-12 Media/Year 7 English and HASS
- Miss Laura Furse, Drama
- Mr Thomas Hooker, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Ms Samantha Hurley, Psychologist
- Mrs Katie Imhoff, Head of Mary Ward
- Mr James McLaughlin, Assistant Deputy Principal Year 11
- Ms Debra Needham, Mathematics
- Miss Jessica Pillera, Physical Education
- Miss Grace Westlake, Science
- Mr Joel Wynn, Head of Pathways and Transition
I enjoyed greeting our new staff and students at our opening Mass and secondary school assembly this week. It was significant that our initial whole schooling gathering was a Mass acknowledging the centrality of our faith as a Catholic school.
I wish all our students, staff and families well for a wonderful 2019.
Parent Information Evenings
This week I had the pleasure of briefly visiting Primary School classrooms and attended year level assemblies in all secondary year levels. It was great to see our young people enthusiastically and cheerfully beginning the next phase of their educational journey.
Our Parent Information evenings have commenced and, as always, they have been very well attended. Like a good orchestra, our College works best when all components work together to create the best possible learning environment for our students. I look forward to meeting more parents in the upcoming weeks.